What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins? | Page 4 | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins?

Discussion in 'FAQ: Things You Should Know!' started by Michael, Sep 21, 2016.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Joey83

Joey83 Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
  2. Andrew Lopez

Andrew Lopez Rank I

Member #:

Map
    How about sponsored coins by other members. For instance; Im stuck on the trail and a member rolls out to pull me out. I can than sponsor a challenge coin and have sent to them.

3. PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R Rank IV

Member #:

Does that Include Retired Military service and who are stilling serving in a Civilian capacity as Contractors CONUS & OCONUS? I retired w/ 23 years active Duty US Army Ft Bragg and currently still work alongside our troops to support them in Bagram Afghanistan I've been here for 7 plus years.

4. Defender 90 Keith

Member #:

Map
    I wouldn't count on it. I retired after 23 years in the Royal Navy and I'm not entitled despite my current employment status. On the other hand I'm not in the US either.

5. Laughing Otter

Founder 500 Benefactor Member Supporter

Member #:

Map
    I believe we set up or maybe we talked about setting up a veteran's program like the active military coin program. I'll check on that and get back to you after Christmas, cool?

PatriotT4R likes this.
  6. JourneyMan

JourneyMan Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Wow, this is a really amazing community. I'm glad I stumbled across it.

7. Jorrie

Jorrie Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    This is really nice. We in South Africa (with a ever dwindling and failing armed forces) unfortunately have no such tradition. Hopefully soon, I to will earn a coin.

8. Canyon_Cliff

Canyon_Cliff Rank III

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KM6YHU
    Map
    Michael, I don't see any coins other than the Ambassador coin in the store. Do any others exist? If so how does one get those to award out? I have already awarded the five Ambassador coins I purchased and need more.
    Also, I thought you would create a "Trail Guardian" coin for being a good custodian of trails by cleaning up trash and doing repairs. Is that in the works?

Cliff

PatriotT4R likes this.