What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins?

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

Andrew Lopez

Rank I

Traveler II

Trabuco Canyon
Member #

How about sponsored coins by other members. For instance; Im stuck on the trail and a member rolls out to pull me out. I can than sponsor a challenge coin and have sent to them.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

How about giving all our members who are currently on deployment a free coin as a thank you?
Does that Include Retired Military service and who are stilling serving in a Civilian capacity as Contractors CONUS & OCONUS? I retired w/ 23 years active Duty US Army Ft Bragg and currently still work alongside our troops to support them in Bagram Afghanistan I've been here for 7 plus years.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI

Advocate II

Plymstock, Plymouth. UK
Member #

Does that Include Retired Military service and who are stilling serving in a Civilian capacity as Contractors CONUS & OCONUS? I retired w/ 23 years active Duty US Army Ft Bragg and currently still work alongside our troops to support them in Bagram Afghanistan I've been here for 7 plus years.
I wouldn't count on it. I retired after 23 years in the Royal Navy and I'm not entitled despite my current employment status. On the other hand I'm not in the US either.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Benefactor
Supporter

Influencer I

Port Angeles, Wa.
Member #

I believe we set up or maybe we talked about setting up a veteran's program like the active military coin program. I'll check on that and get back to you after Christmas, cool?

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Canyon_Cliff

Rank V

Advocate III

Victorville, California
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YHU
Michael, I don't see any coins other than the Ambassador coin in the store. Do any others exist? If so how does one get those to award out? I have already awarded the five Ambassador coins I purchased and need more.
Also, I thought you would create a "Trail Guardian" coin for being a good custodian of trails by cleaning up trash and doing repairs. Is that in the works?

Cliff