What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins? | Page 2 | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins?

Discussion in 'FAQ: Things You Should Know!' started by Michael, Sep 21, 2016.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. pabloquiros

pabloquiros Rank V
    Member Supporter

Member #:

Map
    totally digging this. challenge coin ftw.

Michael likes this.
  2. robertpolicht

robertpolicht Rank I

Member #:

Map
    awesome idea!

Michael likes this.
  3. jkxranger

jkxranger Rank V

Member #:

Map
    I agree this is a great idea, challenge accepted.

Michael likes this.
  4. David Seidler

David Seidler Rank III

Member #:

Map
    Wonderful way of promoting the core values Michael. I was wondering what would be the best way to share overlanding tracks with the community? We have accumulated quite a bit and from 5 continents and would like to help out and share them.

Michael likes this.
  5. Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo Western Europe Ambassador
    Staff Member Moderator Member

Member #:

Map
    Challenge coins are Great fun to have,
    I'm lucky to receive a number of coins for working on the USAF bases here in UK from different departments,
    Its all part of the process of spreading the word as well as being proud (if you not got your motor with you which has the emblem but have a coin instead - not like you can keep the car in your back pocket!)

Will be interesting to see how the other portions develop over the next coming months and years

Eugene_RUS and Michael like this.
  6. Michael

Michael Rank VI
    Staff Member Founder 500 Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KM6YSL
    Map
    That
    That is awesome! We would love that!

We have a "Share Your Routes" forum! If you add tracks, do one track per post to keep them separate. Ideally you would include the gpx and kml files. If you do that, we will put them in the "Overland ROutes: Downloadable" section. Thanks again!

Let us know if we can do a feature article with you! Contact us at info@overlandbound.com !

M

@Corrie

Eugene_RUS likes this.
  7. Defender 90 Keith

Member #:

Map
    I've lost count the number of times I've stopped to assist stranded drivers. I've changed wheels, taken drivers to get fuel, towed drivers etc etc. I've even done it whilst at work. Some drivers have offered me cash as a thank you but I have always declined. Instead I have always asked that if they see me stuck at the side of the road, that they stop to help me. It's a shame so many drivers just drive on by!

ForceXXI, Eugene_RUS, Chadlyb and 8 others like this.
  8. aghadjip

aghadjip Rank II
    Founder 500 Member

Member #:

Map
    Great idea, but i havent seen structure around the ones given in the forum context. Is there a voting group that decides? I love the idea but see the case for some minimum requirements to be met and have it be less opinion and more standards, or achievement based, something tangible. I look forward to earning mine.

9. Tyler Higgins

Tyler Higgins Rank II

Member #:

Map
    I have a quick question about the Overland Bound Challenge Coin. I understand that they must be earned and that makes since, but if they are an item to earn what is the difference between the ones earned and the ones you can buy from the store? I love the idea of challenge coins and I love this community. I am a new forum member and a soon to be full member, and I feel so welcomed here. You guys are all awesome. Thank you Michel for starting this community.

Eugene_RUS likes this.
  10. Defender 90 Keith

Member #:

Map
    In addition to your comments I assume that a recommendation from another member is required. My nearest member is probably 100 miles from me. It's not the end of the world but no one will see me doing my bit

Eugene_RUS likes this.
  11. OpsWest

OpsWest Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

12. Defender 90 Keith

Member #:

Map
    I agree totally!!!!!

theSkyWhale likes this.
  13. Yumafolks

Yumafolks Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Love it. I grew up on the trail. We hold up the number of vehicles in our group as a wave. If the on coming vehicle is in destress we stop and see how we can help. It's just second nature. If its on the highway we do a drive by and circle around to ensure it's safe. It's just good old fashion Karma. If your not embracing it; it will bite you. I thinks it's great that the founding members can present such a coin to those that really go above and beyond. What really is exciting for me; is the opportunity to pick up a few with my member number and gift them to those I meet on the trail that have like minded values to help others Outfit and Explore. We might not be the first to stop and assist however it would be nice when the stuck folks are safe back on the road and we can shake the hands of the first people to stop and help with a coin saying thank you for being you. I've been in the receiving end of such a coin from the County Sheriff and the Capt of the Detention center. I had no idea I'd stopped and helped their family member in need. It's an honor to receive and even more of an honor to give to those you see go above and beyond. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

KerrClan74 and ASNOBODY like this.
  14. southernfire97

southernfire97 Rank II

Member #:

Map
    Looking forward to spreading the word at an upcoming Overland Rally. 642 miles of Southeastern U.S. backroads and trails should give me plenty of opportunities to promote Overland Bound!!

15. ZJ GRIZZLY

ZJ GRIZZLY Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Challenge accepted

16. budder

budder Rank 0

Map

that is a pretty good feat of creativity and commitment i recon you deserve one

17. 4xFar Adventures

Founder 500 Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    I think Hunt might be the youngest recipient of a challenge coin. @Michael @Trailspin

18. Michael

Michael Rank VI
    Staff Member Founder 500 Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KM6YSL
    Map
    This is awesome! I am glad I was there to see it!

19. ZJ GRIZZLY

ZJ GRIZZLY Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Very cool ! Inspiring young future explorer!

Rocky and 4xFar Adventures like this.
  20. GreenMachine02

GreenMachine02 Rank II

Member #:

Map
    I got to do one of my front FJ struts trail side! Luckly one of my buddies there drove 3 hours to get me a new one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rocky likes this.