What are Overland Bound Challenge Coins?

• HTML tutorial

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
I agree this is a great idea, challenge accepted.

Reactions: Michael

David Seidler

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Copenhagen
Member #

Wonderful way of promoting the core values Michael. I was wondering what would be the best way to share overlanding tracks with the community? We have accumulated quite a bit and from 5 continents and would like to help out and share them.

Reactions: Michael

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Challenge coins are Great fun to have,
I'm lucky to receive a number of coins for working on the USAF bases here in UK from different departments,
Its all part of the process of spreading the word as well as being proud (if you not got your motor with you which has the emblem but have a coin instead - not like you can keep the car in your back pocket!)

Will be interesting to see how the other portions develop over the next coming months and years

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
That
Wonderful way of promoting the core values Michael. I was wondering what would be the best way to share overlanding tracks with the community? We have accumulated quite a bit and from 5 continents and would like to help out and share them.
That is awesome! We would love that!

We have a "Share Your Routes" forum! If you add tracks, do one track per post to keep them separate. Ideally you would include the gpx and kml files. If you do that, we will put them in the "Overland ROutes: Downloadable" section. Thanks again!

Let us know if we can do a feature article with you! Contact us at info@overlandbound.com !

M

@Corrie

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I've lost count the number of times I've stopped to assist stranded drivers. I've changed wheels, taken drivers to get fuel, towed drivers etc etc. I've even done it whilst at work. Some drivers have offered me cash as a thank you but I have always declined. Instead I have always asked that if they see me stuck at the side of the road, that they stop to help me. It's a shame so many drivers just drive on by!

aghadjip

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton NC
Member #

Great idea, but i havent seen structure around the ones given in the forum context. Is there a voting group that decides? I love the idea but see the case for some minimum requirements to be met and have it be less opinion and more standards, or achievement based, something tangible. I look forward to earning mine.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I have a quick question about the Overland Bound Challenge Coin. I understand that they must be earned and that makes since, but if they are an item to earn what is the difference between the ones earned and the ones you can buy from the store? I love the idea of challenge coins and I love this community. I am a new forum member and a soon to be full member, and I feel so welcomed here. You guys are all awesome. Thank you Michel for starting this community.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I have a quick question about the Overland Bound Challenge Coin. I understand that they must be earned and that makes since, but if they are an item to earn what is the difference between the ones earned and the ones you can buy from the store? I love the idea of challenge coins and I love this community. I am a new forum member and a soon to be full member, and I feel so welcomed here. You guys are all awesome. Thank you Michel for starting this community.
In addition to your comments I assume that a recommendation from another member is required. My nearest member is probably 100 miles from me. It's not the end of the world but no one will see me doing my bit

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

Love it. I grew up on the trail. We hold up the number of vehicles in our group as a wave. If the on coming vehicle is in destress we stop and see how we can help. It's just second nature. If its on the highway we do a drive by and circle around to ensure it's safe. It's just good old fashion Karma. If your not embracing it; it will bite you. I thinks it's great that the founding members can present such a coin to those that really go above and beyond. What really is exciting for me; is the opportunity to pick up a few with my member number and gift them to those I meet on the trail that have like minded values to help others Outfit and Explore. We might not be the first to stop and assist however it would be nice when the stuck folks are safe back on the road and we can shake the hands of the first people to stop and help with a coin saying thank you for being you. I've been in the receiving end of such a coin from the County Sheriff and the Capt of the Detention center. I had no idea I'd stopped and helped their family member in need. It's an honor to receive and even more of an honor to give to those you see go above and beyond. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Looking forward to spreading the word at an upcoming Overland Rally. 642 miles of Southeastern U.S. backroads and trails should give me plenty of opportunities to promote Overland Bound!!

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

does this count as a challege replacing both front struts in an autozone parking lot after exploding them on the trail.
I got to do one of my front FJ struts trail side! Luckly one of my buddies there drove 3 hours to get me a new one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rocky