Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Suitter
Member #

Hahaha. If we go much further west, we'll be in the ocean. :-)

I would certainly be interested in going west to Guadalupe Mountains NP or Sitting Bulls Falls in NM for a meet up on the northern side of I20. If you want to go south, then Big Bend NP and SP or even Ft. Davis might be viable options.
Sitting Bull Falls is a wonderful place

Reactions: Welding Goats

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Lets make this happen. Looking at the weekend of June 20/21 in downtown Lubbock. Does this work for everyone/anyone? My wifes brewery will be hosting us. First beer is on me! I will secure parking across the street from the brewery for us.

If we can confirm enough people, they will do brunch for us on Saturday. As of today, they are only doing brunch on Sunday, due to the unknown of Covid attendance or we can do an evening thing as the brewery opens at 1:00. My wife also releases a new beer every Saturday... Small Batch Saturday. Food is from The West Table, the partner next to the brewery and without a doubt, the best restaurant in the city. Michelin trained chef/owner who has run Ritz Carlton kitchens in Miami and Dallas. Menu is West Texas upscale.

The Brewery LBK - thebrwerylbk.com
The West Table - thewesttable.com

Offroad trails at Buffalo Springs. About 20 mins SE of town - Buffalo Springs Lake OHV Area - Texas Motorcycle and ATV Trail Map for Lubbock, TX
Camping at Buffalo Springs is not available due to Covid. RV by reservation is however available - Buffalo Springs Lake | Lubbock - Buffalo Springs Lake | Lubbock, TX

I will look for other camping options that are or may come available before June 20.

Local hotels are plentiful. There is a hotel in the Pioneer Building that the brewery is in, 3rd floor - Pioneer Pocket Hotel | Lubbock's Luxurious Hotel | Suites & Rooms
Other options are plentiful around downtown and Texas Tech and dirt cheap right now - 23 Hotels TRULY CLOSEST to Avenue Q Lubbock, TX | HotelGuides.com

Date is flexible. Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: Welding Goats

Travelin'trio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

6639 S State Hwy 16, Pipe Creek, TX, USA
First Name
MaryJane
Last Name
Linson
Member #

Lets make this happen. Looking at the weekend of June 20/21 in downtown Lubbock. Does this work for everyone/anyone? My wifes brewery will be hosting us. First beer is on me! I will secure parking across the street from the brewery for us.

If we can confirm enough people, they will do brunch for us on Saturday. As of today, they are only doing brunch on Sunday, due to the unknown of Covid attendance or we can do an evening thing as the brewery opens at 1:00. My wife also releases a new beer every Saturday... Small Batch Saturday. Food is from The West Table, the partner next to the brewery and without a doubt, the best restaurant in the city. Michelin trained chef/owner who has run Ritz Carlton kitchens in Miami and Dallas. Menu is West Texas upscale.

Offroad trails at Buffalo Springs. About 20 mins SE of town - Buffalo Springs Lake OHV Area - Texas Motorcycle and ATV Trail Map for Lubbock, TX
Camping at Buffalo Springs is not available due to Covid. RV by reservation is however available - Buffalo Springs Lake | Lubbock - Buffalo Springs Lake | Lubbock, TX

I will look for other camping options that are or may come available before June 20.

Local hotels are plentiful. There is a hotel in the Pioneer Building that the brewery is in, 3rd floor - Pioneer Pocket Hotel | Lubbock's Luxurious Hotel | Suites & Rooms
Other options are plentiful around downtown and Texas Tech and dirt cheap right now - 23 Hotels TRULY CLOSEST to Avenue Q Lubbock, TX | HotelGuides.com

Count me in, now to talk the hubby into agreeing. :)

Reactions: USStrongman

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

He and I will get along swimmingly. I work from home just for that reason. I enjoy these kinds of get togethers so see what others are doing, DIY, unique parts, travel tips.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227

I would be interested. June 21st is my birthday... Might be willing to spend it in Lubbock.

Reactions: USStrongman

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks, I live close to Caballo (60 miles) but didn't know about the chili challenge. The run may be closed but it can still be accessed any time you have the urge. If anyone plans to give it a try, post it here and maybe I will be able to go with you.

Reactions: Craig Schueren

AlamoCruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I'm currently in San Angelo stationed at Goodfellow. Anybody else living out here? I know Midland is close but I can't leave Tom Green County right now per my job

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Just an FYI, I am now the SW Region Member Rep for West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. I am working on the Beer On Me event at my wifes brewery in downtown LBK. Probably mid November. Also working on a monthly Meet & Greet at Cooks Garage in South LBK at their monthly Coffee and Cars Saturday mornings event. They will keep an entire row open for offroad/overland vehicles for us. I'm friends with several of the guys at their custom hot rod shop Rev Limit Customs.

Drop me a line if you want to organize an event in your neck of the woods as well so we can get it on the calendar and promote it. Essentially I am responsible for Amarillo south to Abilene, west to Midland/Odessa, San Angelo, Hobbs and Roswell.

Reactions: TRT87

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Just attended Rigs and Coffee meet up in Lubbock recently. Would Love to do more Meets like that hopefully in the Midland/Odessa area anyone have any ideas of where we could have it would be great to start building the OB community out this way.

Let me know what y'all think

Reactions: TRT87

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, I recently moved to Lubbock and was looking into areas to explore in West Texas. Has anyone checked out Merus Adventure north of Lubbock in Palo Duro?

It looks like they have some great trails. According to their page, they list over 20 off-road trails totaling 35.5 Miles.

Reactions: Craig Schueren