Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I sold one of my fridges to a guy in Odessa. I told him about the forum and thread. I don't know if he joined up .
There have been a few more checking in lately. Getting them to come west will be a chore !

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

I second that Id travel east for that and good place to offroad in midland odessa area
No good places of offroad around Midland or Odessa that I have found.
There are some trails up near Lubbock at Buffalo Springs Lake.
We are going to head up that way one of these weekends.

There is also a new OHV park down near Ozuna/Sheffield also called Escondido Draw.

Once this Virus stuff is over, we will plan another M/G.

Todd

Travelin'trio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

6639 S State Hwy 16, Pipe Creek, TX, USA
First Name
MaryJane
Last Name
Linson
Member #

Hello from Bandera Texas. Not sure where I fit in since I've only just started thinking about this whole adventure, but my husband has done this type of stuff before and really wants to do it again. We have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that we have started doing mods to. Most recent was a dual battery system and a set of Rock Slider steps. At 4'10" it's difficult to get into our Jeep as it came to us with a lift kit installed so the steps were a must. He's got all kinds of plans for the rig, but I have to remind him we have a kid due to start college next year. I'd love to meet up with others from this area.

Reactions: uss

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Hello from Bandera Texas. Not sure where I fit in since I've only just started thinking about this whole adventure, but my husband has done this type of stuff before and really wants to do it again. We have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that we have started doing mods to. Most recent was a dual battery system and a set of Rock Slider steps. At 4'10" it's difficult to get into our Jeep as it came to us with a lift kit installed so the steps were a must. He's got all kinds of plans for the rig, but I have to remind him we have a kid due to start college next year. I'd love to meet up with others from this area.
Welcome to the OB forum and life style.
We are not so much of an overland type of couple, since we have a 32' class C RV and tow the Jeep.

I would tell you to do what fits your lifestyle.
For us, just getting out of the house, and putting the Jeep into the dirt is good.
We are old enough now that sleeping on the ground is not comfortable.
We have to unpack very few things when we arrive at a campsite. The campsite could be primitive or an RV park.
We enjoy both.

Welcome also to the world of an empty nest!

Reactions: Kent R

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
There have been a few more checking in lately. Getting them to come west will be a chore !
Hahaha. If we go much further west, we'll be in the ocean. :-)

I would certainly be interested in going west to Guadalupe Mountains NP or Sitting Bulls Falls in NM for a meet up on the northern side of I20. If you want to go south, then Big Bend NP and SP or even Ft. Davis might be viable options.

Reactions: Matt L.

Dawgguy101

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bexar County, Texas, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Howdy neighbor, I am right down the roadish from you guys. My truck is still in the shop and should be finished soon. Hopefully, we can meet up and find a trip to go on in the near future, ya know, once all this COVID junk goes away.