El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone, I recently moved to Lubbock and was looking into areas to explore in West Texas. Has anyone checked out Merus Adventure north of Lubbock in Palo Duro?

It looks like they have some great trails. According to their page, they list over 20 off-road trails totaling 35.5 Miles.
i haven’t heard of that but sounds interesting to check out.
so i was checking out the Métis website and i am intrigued. But for $850 membership would have to use quite a bit and being that the location is 6 hours and i can be in AZ in that time.

maybe a day trip there

Last edited:

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'm interested in checking it out, it's less than two hours from Lubbock. Here is a video a group put together.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just attended Rigs and Coffee meet up in Lubbock recently. Would Love to do more Meets like that hopefully in the Midland/Odessa area anyone have any ideas of where we could have it would be great to start building the OB community out this way.

Let me know what y'all think
Is this meetup still happening? If so, I can add it to the welcome message for anyone joining out that way.

Reactions: TRT87

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
so i was checking out the Métis website and i am intrigued. But for $850 membership would have to use quite a bit and being that the location is 6 hours and i can be in AZ in that time.

maybe a day trip there
Yeah, I thought the $850 annual membership was steep too. Maybe if I lived in Amarillo and took several weekend trips, it would be worth it. They do have day passes and guided tours for $54-65. I would also be curious if you could just get a campsite and explore their trails on your own.

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys,

If anyone is interested, you can download the current National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Maps for Texas and the Cibola National Forest for free from the NPS website.

Most of the parks near West Texas look thin for full-size off-roading compared to parks in CA, CO, and even NM, but there may be some good camping.

The TX link has maps for:
The Cibola Nat'l Forest has Eastern New Mexico & Oklahoma/Texas Panhandle:

Reactions: TexasLandman

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Lubbock!! Do y’all do any hunting and sleeping in your cars? Have some land in rotan that I go to and hunt hogs wouldn’t mind meeting one of y’all up there!
with my sequoia that is a nice benefit of how big it is, i can sleep in the passenger seat no problem.

i sometimes a meet my buddy and we go out into the desert and do some shooting and stay overnight.

shooting some hogs would be good use of my NODS

Reactions: Truman_b