Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Currently residing in the LBK. I try to frequent Cloudcroft and Cleveland NM as well as Ouray, Silerton, etc in the CO. Drop me a message if interested in a get together.

Headed to Terlingua/Big Bend camping over Thanksgiving too. Never been there, but they tell me its nice?

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

Currently residing in the LBK. I try to frequent Cloudcroft and Cleveland NM as well as Ouray, Silerton, etc in the CO. Drop me a message if interested in a get together.

Headed to Terlingua/Big Bend camping over Thanksgiving too. Never been there, but they tell me its nice?
Get a camp spot as soon as you get to Big Bend. They always fill up on Thanksgiving and Spring Break.

Reactions: USStrongman

Perediablo

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
McGaha

LBK here as well. Still just in the starting phase of outfitting our rig.

Reactions: USStrongman

Krazy Klimber

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Alek
Last Name
Krallman
Member #

Hello, West Texas? Some one said Houston... thats not really west :P New to the overland bound, but I have been to Big Bend a few times, live in Del Rio, anyone else for this area?

I used to live in NM and would go to Cloudcroft and Ruidoso areas a lot. I definitely miss being close to some mountains.

I would be down for a trip, not this weekend though...

Hope you get a good spot, I do like the back country spots myself as they can be very quiet.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I've spent more free road time in west Texas than anywhere else over the years, and if I'm in the area, would love to be part of whatever you get going.

Been researching property in Brewster and Presidio counties for over a year, especially up near Marathon. If I do get acreage there, I've had the thought of occasionally opening it up to various groups as base camp or rendezvous spot for trips to the many cool places in the area. Big Bend, Davis Observatory, Monahans, etc...just about anything from El Paso to Langtry.
My stomping grounds. You should check out land in a small community of farmers cslled Dell City. It's about 80 miles east oF El Paso on the way to Carlsbad. Land is cheap because its kinda out of the way but good water st sbout 100 + feet. Last I looked land was going for around $1000 an acre. I've been thinking about buying there for a long time but just getting too old to make the move. I like it because there is easy access to I-10 and I-20. Not far from Carlsbad and the Guadalupe mountains, as well as Alamogordo- Cloudcroft NM area.

Reactions: Road

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just joined... El Paso for me...
Contact @007 there. He is a cool guy and knows the territory. Quite a bit going on there that I'm just finding out. I missed an event over at Misquite NM two weeks ago. Glad to see more from this area showing up here.

Reactions: FJRpilot

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We are in San Antonio at Fiest Texas, then Houston on Thanksgiving day and it was hot. However, while I was away from home there was a rare snowfall in Midland. Of course it was gone before noon, as usual.
Thanks, my girlfriend who lives in Odessa hasn't kept me up to date lately. She hasn't been well lately and has a bit of dementia so writing has slowed some! I hate Houston, just too many people with bad attitudes there. I'm originally from El Paso so I kinda like San Antonio except for it's size. They are a lot alike in culture.
I don't like the Humidity in any of that part of Texas. Too bad you missed the once in a century snow storm. With all the oil field crazy truck drivers you may have been blessed to be away from all the mad max drivers.
Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas !

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

We have a friend who has 1500 acres in Terlingua and stayed out there. Gorgeous... other than two nights of rain, mud, lows in the upper 30's and highs in the 80's!

Anyone in the LBK want to get together to talk Overland drop me a message. My wife is the brewer at Brewery LBK downtown at the Pioneer Hotel. Beers on me!

Reactions: Krazy Klimber