First Name
Eric
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EGT
Trona Pinnacles trip update!
Since I’m spending time in the eastern Sierra right now I will be meeting the group at the campsite. There is good cell phone service in the area and will update the location when I get there a few days before the group heads out! Please remember to gas up in Ridgecrest because of the price of gas in Trona over $5 a gallon. From Ridgecrest to Trona it’s a short drive if I remember about 20 miles. Do not use Apple Maps on that part of the route it’s not there! Most likely because of the naval weapons center is right next to the highway CA-178. I will need names and cell phone numbers from everyone in the group going so I can send location and any updates as needed. Also I’m sure Dom or Cliff will Have a convoy heading up on Friday? When it comes to trails we can decide as a group on Friday night at the campsite. There are many options in the area. Wish I could be a little more knowledgeable on that part but I didn’t get to explore the area much when I was there the last time! I got chase out because of a production company commercial!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meet new members on our trip, MontyView attachment 143544
Sent you a message on Facebook messenger

The.Rocklander.Project

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Slavens
Member #

For anyone planning on going to Trona next Friday we can meet up at the Pilot Travel center at Highway 395 and I-15 and travel together. I can be there at 8:00 AM. Let me know if anyone wants to meet me there, or, if you have another suggestion.
Cliff
We may joint you if you don’t mind. I’ll know 100% tomorrow!

2BigTaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Diamond Bar, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Tubig
Member #

For anyone planning on going to Trona next Friday we can meet up at the Pilot Travel center at Highway 395 and I-15 and travel together. I can be there at 8:00 AM. Let me know if anyone wants to meet me there, or, if you have another suggestion.
Cliff
yesI would definitely like to join on this trip and caravan also.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Cliff
yesI would definitely like to join on this trip and caravan also.
@Great, we will see you at 8:00 on Friday.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Cliff
We may joint you if you don’t mind. I’ll know 100% tomorrow!
Are you coming?

Eric8541

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EGT
Cliff
We will meet you for the caravan Cliff. Eric and Angie

Eric8541

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EGT
After much consideration we have decided to drop out from the trip. Was really looking forward to this but don’t feel right about traveling into another area right now.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
I just got back from there on Monday. It was a very wet, windy & cold weekend, but absolutely worth the trip...

You just gotta love southern California. I went from playing in the snow up in Mammoth to playing in the desert down in Mojave all in the same day!!!
IMG_4857.JPGIMG_4879.JPGIMG_4827.JPG
Hope you guys have a great trip... Also, if you don't already know, the wind tends to blow pretty consistently from the south-west. If you drive around the pinnacles a bit, you can find camping spots that are somewhat sheltered by the terrain.

I'll see you'all at the Alabama Hills gathering next month.