Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Hey everyone, newer OB member here, i was recommended to check out the thread from the OB west facebook page. Dont wanna impose but heard a Bunch of yall were heading out to TDS this coming up weekend was curious if you guys/gals were doing any runs/camps out there? New to SoCal me and my wife are trying to meet up with folks who know the area and go to spots thanks!
Welcome, plan on meeting us and camping with the group. Some of us will arrive Wednesday and reserve a good space for camping. Watch for a post from Dom for the coordinates of the site.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Glenn, yes, bring the bike, you will use it.
Also, I can help you with Gaia.
Dom, Monty, and I will arrive Wednesday. Dom might arrive Tuesday. Dom will post coordinates of the camp spot he picks out for us all to stay.
See you there.
Cliff

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Glenn, yes, bring the bike, you will use it.
Also, I can help you with Gaia.
Dom, Monty, and I will arrive Wednesday. Dom might arrive Tuesday. Dom will post coordinates of the camp spot he picks out for us all to stay.
See you there.
Cliff
GREAT!!! Thanks Cliff

I'll be leaving the South OC area via the 241 to the 91 east sometime Friday morning if anyone wants to meet up on the road & drive out together. I can leave any time.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Dom here...I've kinda been MIA these last couple of weeks. We just finished up our high school wrestling season. We have one kid making it to California State Championships. All the hard work is paying off. State finals begin at 7 am this Thursday.

I, however, am going to TDS with you guys. I am leaving tomorrow morning to finds spot. I will be looking to camp basically in the same area as last year.

I will put up the OB Flag to mark the spot. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dominic

Truckhaven, Salton City, CA 92274

33°16'02.8"N 116°01'28.9"W
33.267446, -116.024705

Reactions: Miller8152

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Save a spot for the BEAST. I'll be there sometime Friday morning, probably around 10:00-11:00 depending on traffic, which shouldn't be too bad heading in that direction.

See you all there....

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Do we have coordinates? I'm hoping I don't have to find this in the dark but just in case.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
This is what Dominic posted a couple of days ago:

33°16'02.8"N 116°01'28.9"W
33.267446, -116.024705

Last edited:

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
What a great trip!!! I'll see if I can figure out how to get the pics & videos posted in my Dropbox account & I'll post a link here. Hopefully by tomorrow. In the mean time here's a couple from Sunday & Monday...

Monty & I camped in Anza Borrego on Sunday with his friend Mario. Mario had just come from La Jolla where he dived for lobster & got this guy along with a few others:
IMG_4658.JPG IMG_4659.JPG
He cooked up some of them & we had fresh caught lobster pasta with asparagus for dinner Sunday night. Glamping at it's finest!!!

Mario & I also did a little exploring in the BEAST on Sunday afternoon:
IMG_4630.JPG IMG_4638.JPG IMG_4645.JPG
Today, on the way home, I found a girlfriend for the BEAST:
IMG_4668.JPG
It was love at first sight!!!

Attachments

Coachella Valley Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Mammoth Lakes, CA, USA
Member #

What a great trip!!! I'll see if I can figure out how to get the pics & videos posted in my Dropbox account & I'll post a link here. Hopefully by tomorrow. In the mean time here's a couple from Sunday & Monday...

Monty & I camped in Anza Borrego on Sunday with his friend Mario. Mario had just come from La Jolla where he dived for lobster & got this guy along with a few others:
View attachment 142683 View attachment 142684
He cooked up some of them & we had fresh caught lobster pasta with asparagus for dinner Sunday night. Glamping at it's finest!!!

Mario & I also did a little exploring in the BEAST on Sunday afternoon:
View attachment 142685 View attachment 142686 View attachment 142687
Today, on the way home, I found a girlfriend for the BEAST:
View attachment 142689
It was love at first sight!!!
Great time and was nice to met you. Definitely we will meetup later this year

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
What’s up guys I’m from Fontana let me know if there’s any runs going on
If you look at earlier pages you will find a schedule of trips and camping that we have planned for this year. This month, on the 20th, we will be going out to Trona Pinnacles for a weekend camping trip. You are welcome to come along. Just watch this thread for meetup info.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Anyone get a camp picture from last weekend? I didn't get one. As soon as I get some free time, i'll post up the few pics I got.