Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

We need to know what the patch MUST HAVE in order for us to decide what we can change. It appears that the central design is generally thought to be a landscape. Is that so?
No problem

Steve had posted earlier in the thread with a link to the current patches - Basically it would be a landscape which best defines the region rather than a land mark (e.g big ben ect)

I have seen that there has been some good ideas earlier in the post with a landscape which trys to incorporate the component parts of the UK in one image - it does set a slight challenge as you go from rolling hills, to woodland to beach ect as the UK does have alot to it

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I don' recall seeing anywhere that the patch MUST contain a landscape. Nonetheless I think we need to think carefully in order to represent the UK as A WHOLE!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

We need to know what the patch MUST HAVE in order for us to decide what we can change. It appears that the central design is generally thought to be a landscape. Is that so?
Yes, as I said in post #3 and #35, it needs to look just like all of the other patches, with the exception of the region name and the landscape. And you guys get the input, but Michael and Corrie make the final decision and graphic design.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

This was the basic guidelines from Michael

Overland Bound is not political, and does not align with any specific religious viewpoint.

For the patch, pic an iconic geographic element. We will have our artist do the final design so it looks cohesive as a set of patches. Partly, we want the design and aesthetic to ignore political lines.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
I completely agree that we don' want to emblazen our UK patch with "tourist attractions". What is the general consensus of opinions from the UK members?
To many land marks. And any one would depict a region within the uk I would not buy any thing with a landmark even big ben lol Thats london On a serious note The whole idea of regional patches is just that some thing that dipicts the whole region we are a small nation with four nations within , take out the writing and the border and have all four logos. OVERLAND BOUND were new zealand is. No offence kiwis lol

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Difficult one.

There will be no one "picture" that represent the whole of the UK. Similarly, I'll bet that's the same for any of the existing regions.

I completely agree that we are one, in terms of being OB members, I joined in with the Mid Europe discussion about "their" patch - partly because the UK is a part of Europe and mid Europe is where I spend a bit of time, so I felt I could join in -and was welcomed.

Mountain, river, running towards a beach & the sea - one picture, four subjects.

Kev linked to the other patches to help show what the general patch theme could look like, but, no doubt, if we all pick on a different subject to a landscape, that too could be accepted.

At the end of the day, "you can't please all of the people, all of the time".

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

This was the basic guidelines from Michael

Overland Bound is not political, and does not align with any specific religious viewpoint.

For the patch, pic an iconic geographic element. We will have our artist do the final design so it looks cohesive as a set of patches. Partly, we want the design and aesthetic to ignore political lines.
All patches have the same border which ties them altogether as a cohesive set. The definition of "iconic geographic element" could be construed to be anything from landscape, flags or other UK representation.

Indeed Michael and team will have final say. Let' get it right UK members or we might as well not bother at all

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

You won't be able to get every possible view that someone might have from their window as most regions will vary to much.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

All patches have the same border which ties them altogether as a cohesive set. The definition of "iconic geographic element" could be construed to be anything from landscape, flags or other UK representation.

Indeed Michael and team will have final say. Let' get it right UK members or we might as well not bother at all
Agreed, so .... back to the choice of a picture.

We've already had some suggestions - one or two of which had good reception and comments. Do we go with one of those, or keep looking for more suggestions?

Bjorn

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Somerset. United Kingdom
First Name
Bjorn
Last Name
Whistance
Member #

I do think we are trying to do the impossible here with a patch that represents the whole of the U.K. I mean can you imagine trying to create one patch that represents the USA?? We have thought about landscape and also a map; how about a coat of arms?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: nickburt

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I do think we are trying to do the impossible here with a patch that represents the whole of the U.K. I mean can you imagine trying to create one patch that represents the USA?? We have thought about landscape and also a map; how about a coat of arms?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Your coat of arms only shows the flags of England and Scotland. What about Wales and Ireland?

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Now you see why i put this on ( THE NOT VERY UNITED KINGDOM )
It appears the trend wants to opt for a landscape. I'm going to back away from this thread so they can argue over which landscape they prefer.
and me pity a series landy just say british ah well lets hope brexit goes better eh lol ( british humour alert )

Status
Not open for further replies.