Status
Not open for further replies.

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

Good work guys, be happy to go with the flow, seeing the theme of the other USA ones they all look a bit samey! dare we be different !

Is this a patch for like sewing on something? My daughters will be pleased if so...they are always looking for patches for their camp blankets !

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Good work guys, be happy to go with the flow, seeing the theme of the other USA ones they all look a bit samey! dare we be different !

Is this a patch for like sewing on something? My daughters will be pleased if so...they are always looking for patches for their camp blankets !
I kinda agree that they are "samey". I understand there should be a format which should be followed. To me I figured the format was to have the OB border around the outside and a representation of the UK within.
Come on team we are the UK! let's be original and have our own identity

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

That would exclude all people who dont drive a landrover. Not that very nice I think.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

That is a different story, it was already his loge way before it the forum and the movement started. And be fair, a silhouette is different as a patch with a recognizable car on it.
The region patches are very colorfull and detailed.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
That is a different story, it was already his loge way before it the forum and the movement started. And be fair, a silhouette is different as a patch with a recognizable car on it.
The region patches are very colorfull and detailed.
its a uk thing thats bright enough for me Lets have a UK POLL ON IT UK MEMBERS ONLY dont think you understand. The tribalism in the uk rob land marks from any of the four nations would be contentious lol the landy on the other hand

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We accept votes about our patch from all Overland Bound Members. Think that as Overland Bound is the forum and the Movement, nobody should be excluded.
In our debate about our patch every thought and idea, and vote is welcome.
Because we all are Overland Bound.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
We accept votes about our patch from all Overland Bound Members. Think that as Overland Bound is the forum and the Movement, nobody should be excluded.
In our debate about our patch every thought and idea, and vote is welcome.
Because we all are Overland Bound.
. The uk patch should be decided by the uk members as any other Regional patch should be decided by that region. I dont know enough about texsas or utah to have any imput. Think ill stand back and watch but wont be buying anything that does not represent the whole of the uk. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE !

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Ok guys - Lets try and reign this in a bit as we don't want this to turn the wrong way ..

Ok granted this patch is mostly aimed at the UK presence in which we are open to ideas about what we would like to see for the patch, but remember OB is for everyone and as such there will be some thought by others who may not necessarily be "IN" the UK to give some constructive input due to how diverse a landscape this region can be,

Ideally this patch does need to go along with the rest of the theme in terms of what the other regions have - I understand that this can be a bit "Samey" however it does need to flow to keep it all together

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

We need to know what the patch MUST HAVE in order for us to decide what we can change. It appears that the central design is generally thought to be a landscape. Is that so?

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
Ok guys - Lets try and reign this in a bit as we don't want this to turn the wrong way ..

Kev it wont lol Other than a out line of the british isles I canrnt think of any more appropriate with out Upsetting are brothers of all four home nations You know the score lol. And our sence of humour how about this then

Status
Not open for further replies.