Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have a set of KO2’s, I run them in the winter. Great on the snow and ice. I just bought a new pair of General X3’s, not as good in the snow, but I like them a lot more than the KO2’s.

NW Adventure & Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Service Branch
Army - Former
I have a set of KO2’s, I run them in the winter. Great on the snow and ice. I just bought a new pair of General X3’s, not as good in the snow, but I like them a lot more than the KO2’s.
What is it about the X3's that you like more than the KO2's and how do they do off-road?

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

GoodYear Wrangler DuraTracs came with the Expedition and I love them. Haven’t gotten stuck yet! I think when the Open Countrys wear out on my F150 it may get DuraTracs also.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Another vote for Goodyear Dura Tracs here. They work well in just about every condition except sticky mud..... but most tires load up in snot.

I am looking at something different for my next set as I would like to have 3 ply sidewalls. So far, Mickey Thompson ATZP3s are looking good. They are the same weight as the Dura Tracs @ 56lbs in a LT285/75-16. Jegs has a great price on them that my local shop will match. http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompson/672/55631/10002/-1

T-One

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austria
First Name
Anton
Last Name
Hofmann
Member #

7.50 R16 standard light truck tires, nothing fancy, available all around the globe in every little town.
It can be a pain to get special sized offroad tires outside of developed countries, had this problem once, since then i don't care about special tires anymore......
At the moment i run a Nexen HT, a classic "gravel-runner".

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

I'm running Goodyear MTR's, they are a good combination of an aggressive and all terrain tire. They are a little noisy as they wear, but if you air down to about 12 psi, you can crawl bout anything. All the tires mentioned are a quality tires, some slap at rock's, some better in mud... they all have pluses and minuses. If you treat your tires right, pressure, rotation, regular inspections you should be satisfied with your choice. Ron

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Cooper STT Pros here as well...there isn't anything I don't like about these tires.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I ran the cooper stt pro as well. Loved them with the exception of snow and ice, imho they sucked on that stuff. They got really loud as the wore out. I am now running Falken AT3W tires and love them so far. I have about 2000 miles on them so far, woth about 350 miles of that on dirt. Great all around tire so far for my needs.

Attachments

Stix

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

I currently run 33x12.50 Dick Cepek Crushers. Love them in all conditions. They are poor in the rain, but with the location that i live I'm never driving faster than 30mph in the rain so it doesn't matter. All tires mentioned are fantastic. Really just depends on the kind of driving you do. I do not live to far from a national forest and do not do much highway driving so I tend to go with a mud terrain. If you do much highway driving or care about performance on a wet road, go All Terrain. Hope this helps.
-Stix

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

The Jeep had Goodyear 35" DuraTracs on it when we bought it. I liked them a lot, but when I stepped up to 37x13.5", I switched to the Toyo Open Country RT and have loved them.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
BFG KO2 35x12.5 17"
Used to run Mickey Thompson ATZ but the BFG work better for me.

NW Adventure & Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Service Branch
Army - Former
I'm running Goodyear MTR's, they are a good combination of an aggressive and all terrain tire. They are a little noisy as they wear, but if you air down to about 12 psi, you can crawl bout anything. All the tires mentioned are a quality tires, some slap at rock's, some better in mud... they all have pluses and minuses. If you treat your tires right, pressure, rotation, regular inspections you should be satisfied with your choice. Ron
How do the MTR's do in the rain and Ice? I'm in Washington and we get a lot of rain and more Ice than snow.

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

I haven't noticed any problems in rain at any pressure. In ice and snow I tend to drop the pressure about 4-5 psi for more surface contact, Ron.

jg45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bartlett, TN
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilmer
Member #

I am running Cooper AT3's on mine. They have been decent tires on just about everything I've been on. I had General AT2 on a previous vehicle. Did not like them at all. They gummed up in the mud, and the mountains of Colorado literally ate them, chunks of tread missing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk