Rank II

Enthusiast I

West Islip, NY, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Mauro
Member #

Wow, I know this is an older thread, but this is awesome! I've done a lot of these in my Ascent, and have been scouting more - you just made that a lot easier. Thanks @Xplorr313!!!

And, yeah, those water holes can be killer! We had a Forester owner who decided to ignore our warnings, and nosedived into a "puddle" on one of those "roads". I had to pull him out, and we ended up needing to empty the water from the combustion chambers and replace his in-car (passenger footwell) ECU. This is Old "Road" near Jones "Road" and Rt 72 and Rt 70, right on the other side of Rt 539 from Mt Misery Road.

1607361390432.png

Last edited:

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Wow, I know this is an older thread, but this is awesome! I've done a lot of these in my Ascent, and have been scouting more - you just made that a lot easier. Thanks @Xplorr313!!!

And, yeah, those water holes can be killer! We had a Forester owner who decided to ignore our warnings, and nosedived into a "puddle" on one of those "roads". I had to pull him out, and we ended up needing to empty the water from the combustion chambers and replace his in-car (passenger footwell) ECU. This is Old "Road" near Jones "Road" and Rt 72 and Rt 70, right on the other side of Rt 539 from Mt Misery Road.

View attachment 179435
What’s wrong with keeping and old (but good) threads alive? Lol

LittleBurroAZ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lumberton, NJ, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Switzer
Member #

Ran the section between Burkesville southbound to Whiting Water Crossing Bypass this evening. There are plenty of big mud holes and ice as well as fallen tree limbs from the rain and windstorm earlier this week. Cleared away most of the big branches but there are two trees that need about two feet each cutoff if a Tundra sized truck wants to get by. It was a beautiful drive with low hunting activity, my wife and I can’t wait to explore more of the trail!

Attachments

Last edited:

colintblom

Rank II

Enthusiast I

25 Maple Street, Chatham, New Jersey 07928, United States
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Blom
Member #

Thank you @xplorerr313 for making this available to all of us. I’ve been wanting to run this since I first heard about it years ago. I’m planning to do the whole thing start to finish with my dad this April as a 3 day/2 night trip. If anyone does it between now and then we’d love to hear some feedback or recent advice on what to avoid. I have a new Defender and he has a Wrangler Sahara. Thanks!

Rum&Tacos

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Eggert
Member #

Having trouble finding/understanding where the map is of the trail. Do I need leadNav to get it? Sry I don’t see any posts or anything downloadable for get the map. Thanks for anyone pointing me in the right direction. Looking to do this as my first official road trip in the 14’ Tacoma

LittleBurroAZ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lumberton, NJ, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Switzer
Member #

Having trouble finding/understanding where the map is of the trail. Do I need leadNav to get it? Sry I don’t see any posts or anything downloadable for get the map. Thanks for anyone pointing me in the right direction. Looking to do this as my first official road trip in the 14’ Tacoma
It’s on the first page of this thread. There is a zip file posted at the bottom of the very first post. Download the zip, unzip it and you will get the gpx file with the trail route, then you can import it into your mapping software/app. Good luck and have fun.

Rum&Tacos

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Eggert
Member #

It’s on the first page of this thread. There is a zip file posted at the bottom of the very first post. Download the zip, unzip it and you will get the gpx file with the trail route, then you can import it into your mapping software/app. Good luck and have fun.
Thanks for the quick response, there is nothing there. Just a blank white space. Nothing to click on in that entire post, aside from the email in the writing.

Rum&Tacos

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Eggert
Member #

I got it!! The app doesn’t allow me to access it. Found it through the website. Loaded it up to Gaia.

Love the map man. If I can hug ya I would! Can’t wait to do this. Looking to get a new set of tires in March so hopefully April I’ll get it done.

Reactions: Xplorr313

DesmosDromos

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barker
Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJB996
I ran the south part of the trail from Atison to Moore’s Beach today. One thing to note in Wharton State Forest is that they have closed Goodwater Road (the right turn after the bridge on Quaker Bridge Road) to motorized traffic. There are posts in the road stating that.

I took the next right onto Washington Quaker Bridge Road to a right on Penn Swamp Road to reconnect with the TNJT on Washington Turnpike.
I was introducing a buddy to Wharton and the TJNT with a quick run from Atsion to Batsto this morning. This closure of Goodwater Rd is still in place at Quaker Bridge. I ran the same detour and even with all the rain the puddles were manageable. We did use the bypass on the biggest just before the intersection with Washington Turnpike.

Reactions: Dusther210