Krawl3r_2.0

Rank 0

Traveler I

New York
First Name
Johan
Last Name
Cardenas
I know the whole route like the back of my hand. Now getting me to lead a group run, that’s gonna be tough. My days of leading group runs are done. I’m a lone wolf any more.

Thanks for the Updated file, anyone looking to do a day trip next Wednesday if anyone is looking to come send me a Pm @krawl3r_2.0

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
I can’t do weekdays but maybe if there is a weekend available let me know.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I may have an opportunity to play on Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. If I can make it happen would anyone be interested in meeting up and driving parts of the TNJT? Family friendly, not looking to do anything crazy.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Did about 20 miles of the TNJT today. I entered in by Route 70/539 and went south through Whitesbog village. Had a nice time with the family. The trailer was clear, it too many pinstripes. A couple big puddles but nothing that a little controlled acceleration and 4wd even hesitated through. I look forward to doing more of it. Thanks Xplorr313, your gps mapping was spot on.

FYI- tomorrow 10/28/19 they are having some kind of endurance off road race going through there ( northbound). People were out marking it today. I would suggest steering clear of the trails on 10/28/19 unless you are going as a spectator.

Last edited:

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
ATTENTION! NEWLY UPDATED ROUTE AVAILABLE AS OF THIS POST!

Some things along the route have changed and here’s a quick run down of the changes.

1: Hacklebarney bridge is open as of 1-16-2020. I removed the detour route.

2: I removed “The Zillon Bypass”. I integrated “The Zillon Bypass” into the actual TNJT route and removed the SUPER tight section of the TNJT that the bypass was bypassing.

3: Found new gravel roads near Flemington, NJ. Rerouted the TNJT for those gravel roads.

4: Removed a part of the trail near Flemington, NJ that I never liked. This made the route a bit more streamlined and the route did not lose any gravel roads due to this deletion.

5: The road along the Round Valley Reservoir is CLOSED. I spoke with one of the workers and he informed me that the road is closed for at least 2-3 years. He said they are redoing the dam. I had no choice but to reroute the TNJT back up to Hwy 22 for a mile or so to bypass the closed road. I choose not to make it a separate bypass route since the road will be closed for that long of time. (See photo)

6: Trump National Golf Course, IT IS a legal road through the middle of the golf course. There IS a sign that says it is private property but it is referring to the actual golf course property, NOT THE GRAVEL ROAD. Also, beware, when Trump is in town, you may not be able to traverse this part of the route. Keep an eye out for Secret Service. When you turn onto the gravel road to go through the golf course, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PHOTO TAKEN! There is a hunter’s trail cam set up in the tree across from the intersection of the road. I spotted the camera today (1-16-2020). I actually walked up to it, bent down face level with it, smiled and gave it a peace sign. I would love to see that photo hahaha. Just be mindful that you ARE on camera in that area. (See photos)

That’s pretty much all I have for updates and changes. When you run the trail, please inform me of any road/trail closures so I can make sure I stay on top of reroutes and detours. Thank you to everyone who has done this in the past.

6B652982-B212-4C78-B7A3-BBC6C6CDFB20.jpeg82F51CEE-83BC-4C4A-8721-C0C5D2025B1D.jpeg60AEDE65-C9FC-47C6-B9B0-CBC65B31CDFC.jpeg03004203-7D12-4F4A-9CB6-A9E7217D811F.jpeg86B5A961-4E0F-4519-B5E7-A0652479411B.jpeg

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Silly question but do I go back to your original post to redownload the file?

Reactions: Jdsint

AdvShm89

Rank I

Contributor III

New Jersey
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Russo
Has anyone pushed to Brendan T Byrne in one day? If so how long did it take? I'm planning to do the whole route this summer on my CRF 250L while my XJ is out of commission. Not sure what to expect in terms of speed averages for the northern and central sections, but I imagine I can stay on the faster side with a light adv set up. If I can swing a 35mph average then I'd be looking at around 8.5 hours in the saddle, which should be doable. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Xplorr313

Rescue.Rover

Rank 0

Contributor I

Haddonfield, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Almstead
Yesterday I did part of the trail, and even with all the rain we had the roads were passable. The animals were happy to see us, since they are closed to the public. Spent about 3 hours on the trails and ending near Rt73 which was a good day.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Has anyone pushed to Brendan T Byrne in one day? If so how long did it take? I'm planning to do the whole route this summer on my CRF 250L while my XJ is out of commission. Not sure what to expect in terms of speed averages for the northern and central sections, but I imagine I can stay on the faster side with a light adv set up. If I can swing a 35mph average then I'd be looking at around 8.5 hours in the saddle, which should be doable. Any thoughts?
If you’re going to be on the CRF250L, you’ll definitely be able to push to Brendan T Byrne in one day as long as you’re up at dawn and ride till dusk. It’ll make for a very long day but it can be done. In the 4x4, I’ve made it from high point to the Route 70/Route 539 Wawa (Whiting NJ) in about 11hrs. A lot of the northern section is asphalt and simple gravel roads, you’ll be able to keep a good average speed there. Once you hit Jackson, NJ (6 Flags) area, you’ll mostly be on sand and the average speed will take a heavy hit.

I’ve done a lot of sections on my Africa Twin and I will say that doing it on the ADV is a huge difference in time than doing it in the 4x4.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Yesterday I did part of the trail, and even with all the rain we had the roads were passable. The animals were happy to see us, since they are closed to the public. Spent about 3 hours on the trails and ending near Rt73 which was a good day.
Glad you had a good time! Nice looking Rover too!

AdvShm89

Rank I

Contributor III

New Jersey
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Russo
If you’re going to be on the CRF250L, you’ll definitely be able to push to Brendan T Byrne in one day as long as you’re up at dawn and ride till dusk. It’ll make for a very long day but it can be done. In the 4x4, I’ve made it from high point to the Route 70/Route 539 Wawa (Whiting NJ) in about 11hrs. A lot of the northern section is asphalt and simple gravel roads, you’ll be able to keep a good average speed there. Once you hit Jackson, NJ (6 Flags) area, you’ll mostly be on sand and the average speed will take a heavy hit.

I’ve done a lot of sections on my Africa Twin and I will say that doing it on the ADV is a huge difference in time than doing it in the 4x4.
Awesome, that's what I figured. I'll report back on how it goes. I'm guessing the campsites are all closed right now due to the Corona virus. Hopefully this all passes sooner than later so I can make it happen.

Reactions: Xplorr313

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Awesome, that's what I figured. I'll report back on how it goes. I'm guessing the campsites are all closed right now due to the Corona virus. Hopefully this all passes sooner than later so I can make it happen.
Yes, they are all closed. Also some of the public facilities like restrooms and such are closed as well. I would say maybe by May or June you’ll be able to make it happen.