Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

That's good to know - thanks Leon!

I'm in North Jersey, but I'd like to plan a trip down to check out Wharton soon, so it would be great to meet up. Are you in the Garden State Overland Facebook group?

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
That's good to know - thanks Leon!

I'm in North Jersey, but I'd like to plan a trip down to check out Wharton soon, so it would be great to meet up. Are you in the Garden State Overland Facebook group?
No problem, That go around you will want to take is the “The Zillon Bypass” Route. If you don’t take that route, you will be faced with a trail that is super tight with brush but I had no problem putting my 2007 FJ Cruiser down that trail twice and my 2016 TRDPro 4Runner down it. I wouldn’t hesitate to put my 2018 JKU down it either. Some will say I don’t care about my vehicles and others will say I’m crazy, but neither are true. I just don’t mind those little piney pin stripes of honor lol.

I’m not in that group, but anytime you wanna meet up, let me know.

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

Ok, back to the TNJT...

So who's down for a full length trip in the Spring? I'm in Northern NJ, but I wouldn't mind doing either a North-to-South or a South-to-North run, with 2 or 3 overnights at campsites along the way.

Forjas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

The World
First Name
Felipe
Last Name
Nascimento
Member #

Ok, back to the TNJT...

So who's down for a full length trip in the Spring? I'm in Northern NJ, but I wouldn't mind doing either a North-to-South or a South-to-North run, with 2 or 3 overnights at campsites along the way.
I would be in for that if you thinking of a long weekend. Otherwise could join for 1 or 2 days and buzz off mid-way.

FrontyFrank

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

NJ, USA
Member #

No problem, That go around you will want to take is the “The Zillon Bypass” Route. If you don’t take that route, you will be faced with a trail that is super tight with brush but I had no problem putting my 2007 FJ Cruiser down that trail twice and my 2016 TRDPro 4Runner down it. I wouldn’t hesitate to put my 2018 JKU down it either. Some will say I don’t care about my vehicles and others will say I’m crazy, but neither are true. I just don’t mind those little piney pin stripes of honor lol.

I’m not in that group, but anytime you wanna meet up, let me know.

Piney pin stripes! Love it!

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

No dates in mind just yet... But thinking mid-Spring when the whether is warmer.

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

ALSO, Good to see another FULL SIZE pickup hit the trail DVC. Sometimes I feel like the Fat kid at summer camp lol!
Lol - I hear that... And same to you!
I'm literally rolling through the pine barrens now with a gaggle of Wranglers and a few mid-size Toyotas.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

04land

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

did the Cary warren section over to Hacklebarney on sunday. only a little ice left. the bridge was out right after hackbarney so we called it a day and headed over to Magnify brewery which is between me and home.

View attachment 85348
Where is the trail head for this location?! I'm always looking for some trails closer to me in NNJ

Reactions: tacoclifford