Tent Heater?

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

McGrizzly

Rank V
Benefactor

Advocate II

Half Moon Bay
Member #

Chris, we have a dewalt inverter and just ordered a new electric blanket. (Have not tested the blanket yet, has not showed up in the mail yet) Inside our rtt i have taken out the terrible foam and put down an inflatable kingcamp mattress, super insulated and then a wool blanket on top of that before the sleeping bags. sleeping bags are 40degree and then a rumpl down blanket on top of that. When we were at OBwest, the moisture was insane and we froze all night with just sleeping bags, the stock mat and the rumpl. i know you wrote this a while ago, but i have not seen anyone that does a heating blanked with an inverter yet... that being said, if you dont have a buddy heater feel free to borrow mine if you want to see if you like it. 1gal can only lasts about 2 hours full blast.

what set up are you running? also you still planning those spots?

Northernlady

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Has anyone tried the RTT reflective tent liners? I have been wanting to try one but would like to hear about others experiences with them. They look like they would reflect the heat back fairly well and perhaps eliminate the need for a heater except in the coldest conditions.