Subaru Owners Registry

• HTML tutorial

PAfozzy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ephrata, PA, USA
Member #

Awesome! Quick Question, how do you secure the kayak to your roof basket? Some padding and straps or did you find some type of mount? Thanks.

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

This is probably going to be the newest kid on the block seeing how I just rolled past 3000 miles on the odometer yesterday.

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
Wilderness Green Metallic
Java Brown Leather Interior
It has just about every option in the book, but I can never leave well enough alone...

ReadyLift - 2" SST Lift'
Sport Edition P3 17x7.5 Wheels
29.5" Kuhmo AT51 Tires
2" Rear Wheel Spacers
19mm STI Rear Sway Bar
RalliTEK Heavy Duty Front Adjustable End Links
Thule AeroBlade Edge Crossbars
Thule Canyon XT Roof Basket
Reese Towpower Class III Receiver
Inflatable 4 Ton Offroad Jack
Portable Jump Starter Battery Pack
Onboard Air Compressor
Uniden Compact CB Radio (hidden in center console)
Magnetic CB Antenna
Green Accent lights behind the grill
Green Accent lights under the front dash and under the back of the front seats (just creates a low green glow on the floor boards)

Coming this weekend, I am installing four 5" round trail lights across the front of the roof basket. Before I spend the money for some really good KC's or Hella's I'm gonna see if I like the way it looks with some cheaper lights first. If I don't like it, I'll just use the lights on my boat.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I have to ask, why just spacers on the rear. That would make it track weird and worse when you need traction.
The spacers on the front were making the tires rub at the bottom front & rear of the arch at like 30% steer. I haven’t decided on a solution for it yet. I left the rear on for now bc the wider track does help keep it more stable at highway speed, especially when I’m towing my boat to/from the lake. I’m either going to lose the rear spacers soon, or I’m going to take the factory arch moldings off & put on some fender flares. I’m just not confident enough in my body work skills to risk trying it myself. That means having a pro do it, which means more money & not having my car for a few days. I also can’t fit my car in my garage right now even if I wanted to attempt it because I have 3 motorcycles in there. One is a classic, one is really rare, and one is electric - so I’m not leaving them parked outside. I am trying to sell 2 of them so I’ll be able to park my car in the garage - hopefully.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Gotcha. I sold all my bikes too. Try using a tad narrower spacer on it. I run 1.25 on my patriot and they work great.
I hate to see my bikes go... The classic bike I want to sell is a 1962 Triumph TR6 Trophy, disguised as a BMW R75. It is a replica of the bike Steve McQueen rode in "The Great Escape." It was a ground up build. I stripped it down, rebuilt the 650cc Triumph motor and then had the front fender custom fabricated complete with the German "WH-13371" horizontal tag. The rear fender was modified from a 90's BMW. I used the front forks from a 2000's model Yamaha adventure touring, and had the handlebars custom fabricated to fit and incorporate the parts to make it street legal (blinkers, bright and dim light modes, speedo, and bar end mirrors). It was a labor of love.

The rare bike I want to sell is a 2004 Buell XB12S Lightning. It is a bad, bad, bad ass bike. 45° V-Twin, 1203cc engine built by Harley Davidson squeezed onto a euro-sport style frame tuned by legendary racer Erik Buell all weighing in at just over 400 lbs. It's best feature - the ground pounder exhaust mounted at the bottom of the motor with the exhaust tips pointing towards the ground in the center of the frame. I found it disused and forgotten about right after I got out of college. The people who had it didn't know anything about it and never really looked into. I got it at a steal. I cleaned it up, had it repainted, new tires, and had to special order a fuel pump that is built into the frame of the bike from Harley. Spent like $2k for the bike, battery, tires, and fuel pump. It only has a little under 8k miles on the odometer. I should be able to turn a good margin on it.

The bike I'm keeping is a 2018 Zero FXS. All electric supermoto. It is insanely fun, lightweight, and next to no maintenance. No oil changes, spark plugs, clutches, filters, or adjustments. It came with two batteries so you can just swap them out. It also has an app that you can tweak it's performance. Since it only weighs like 250 lbs I'm looking at maybe getting one of those hitch racks that can carry a dirtbike like a bicycle.

Reactions: Ricky-Bobbi

The Last Almasty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Snowmass Village, Colorado
Member #

So sadly starting a new chapter of my life and had to sell the Linex-monster 6" lifted Tundra. Alas, today is day one with my new 'rig' excited to see what you all have done to yours for inspiration. Here is my blank slate.

Oh and I'm heading down to Overland Expo, so would love to seen people's Subaru's in person, Camped at the Overland Bound compound last year and met some really cool people, and became a member. Looking forward to it again.

Ricky-Bobbi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Arguello
Member #

So here are a few pics of my project. It’s a 2008 Forester 205,420 miles on this beast and it’s still kicking.
2 Inch ADF lift
Kind Springs - standard height
New KYB struts and top hats
Removed my rear sway bar completely
Loyal fabrication Front sway bar extensions
Primitive racing front skid plate
Primitive racing trans pan plate
Factory rear diff guard
Yokohama Geolanders G015 215/70 16s
EBC green stuff front brakes and rotors
Heri Automotive heavy duty front axles (I keep tearing boots)

0517B4FE-9C21-45EF-9A5A-A6FCE680410F.jpeg5C89A6FA-3177-48A5-B3B8-987048021834.jpeg
A118370C-EB91-44D5-AF05-FA99D60B53EE.jpegBF31D7DE-1CC5-4387-AE0F-C1CBC3A7D657.jpegDCC25F6C-65B5-41D1-8F5F-20FAE5B84077.jpeg

Logan Hall

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I put my front fender flares on finally, still have to find time to do the rear. I’m taking it slow and trying to do it perfect since I plan on cutting the fenders when I’m satisfied. Thing is, now I don’t know which direction I want to go with fitment. I’m thinking wheel spacers since I don’t mind the stock rims, but I’m not sure about how wide I would be able to go with those before it really starts to wear on my suspension. I could just wait and get wider wheels and a lower offset but I just bought new tires a few thousand miles ago. Any advice?

Also, has anyone here done vinyl wrapping themselves and know the difficulty/forgiveness level?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I put my front fender flares on finally, still have to find time to do the rear. I’m taking it slow and trying to do it perfect since I plan on cutting the fenders when I’m satisfied. Thing is, now I don’t know which direction I want to go with fitment. I’m thinking wheel spacers since I don’t mind the stock rims, but I’m not sure about how wide I would be able to go with those before it really starts to wear on my suspension. I could just wait and get wider wheels and a lower offset but I just bought new tires a few thousand miles ago. Any advice?

Also, has anyone here done vinyl wrapping themselves and know the difficulty/forgiveness level?
I am waiting on running through my current set of tires before I get to the fender flares. I tried on a set of 2" wheel spacers on my Outback. I have a set of 17X7.5 Sport Edition P3 Anthracite Wheels with a 38mm offset and a set of P245/65R17 Kuhmo AT51 tires. The tire sits pretty close to the spring boot on the strut tower so I wanted to make some extra room. Plus, making the track wider would counter the loss of stability from the lift kit. It looked amazing. However, I would get tire rub on the front or rear bottom of the factory arches. So the spacers had to go. When it comes time for a new set of tires (I'm only about 1500 miles on my current set), I think I'm going to install some fender flares and cut away the excess. The concave nature of the factory wheel wells really limit the spacer option and size of the tires you can fit in there. I am happy with the tire size I have now. If for some reason I wanted to get larger tires in the future - I would have to cut into the car. I'm trying not to do that, especially since I haven't even had the car long enough for it's first oil change yet.

I wouldn't try vinyl wrapping yourself. My office has a 1967 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside that we keep around for nostalgia. It was bought by the original owners the same year they started the company. It has been restored and it is a bad-ass street truck, but it is basically a brick. I took it to get a vinyl wrap for our 50th year anniversary as something we could take to trade shows. It is actually a lot more involved than you would think. The shop that did it parked it in the center of a wide open floor space that was climate controlled. They 3D scanned the truck and then had the vinyl pre-cut for each panel and piece. It still took 2-3 guys with specialized tools and a lot of patience to put it on.

I would like to have my car wrapped in a clear vinyl. After my first trail ride last weekend, I've got quite a few scratches that I noticed after I washed the mud off. Luckily, my car is still new and has a fresh clear coat so I'm pretty sure I will be able to buff out everything.

Logan Hall

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I am waiting on running through my current set of tires before I get to the fender flares. I tried on a set of 2" wheel spacers on my Outback. I have a set of 17X7.5 Sport Edition P3 Anthracite Wheels with a 38mm offset and a set of P245/65R17 Kuhmo AT51 tires. The tire sits pretty close to the spring boot on the strut tower so I wanted to make some extra room. Plus, making the track wider would counter the loss of stability from the lift kit. It looked amazing. However, I would get tire rub on the front or rear bottom of the factory arches. So the spacers had to go. When it comes time for a new set of tires (I'm only about 1500 miles on my current set), I think I'm going to install some fender flares and cut away the excess. The concave nature of the factory wheel wells really limit the spacer option and size of the tires you can fit in there. I am happy with the tire size I have now. If for some reason I wanted to get larger tires in the future - I would have to cut into the car. I'm trying not to do that, especially since I haven't even had the car long enough for it's first oil change yet.

I wouldn't try vinyl wrapping yourself. My office has a 1967 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside that we keep around for nostalgia. It was bought by the original owners the same year they started the company. It has been restored and it is a bad-ass street truck, but it is basically a brick. I took it to get a vinyl wrap for our 50th year anniversary as something we could take to trade shows. It is actually a lot more involved than you would think. The shop that did it parked it in the center of a wide open floor space that was climate controlled. They 3D scanned the truck and then had the vinyl pre-cut for each panel and piece. It still took 2-3 guys with specialized tools and a lot of patience to put it on.

I would like to have my car wrapped in a clear vinyl. After my first trail ride last weekend, I've got quite a few scratches that I noticed after I washed the mud off. Luckily, my car is still new and has a fresh clear coat so I'm pretty sure I will be able to buff out everything.

That’s extremely helpful, thank you. So it seems the only reason you took off the spacers is due to rubbing? I plan on cutting into that area anyways to prevent any hitting when I’m going over rough terrain. I’ve got, I think, 235/65r17 tires on right now and they are about the biggest you can go without a lift or hitting the strut. The rear tires just barely fit due to the weird thing about them sitting closer to the front of the well. Btw, installing flares really wasn’t that difficult for me. If you make sure you have all the right measurements and take your time before you actually do any drilling/cutting, it’ll come out good. The hardest part for me was finding a good way to close/seal the gap between the fender and the body.

I have some friends who know how to do the vinyl wrapping but, that is another thing -like the bumper I am gonna have made- I may want some professionally even though it may cost a bit more

Reactions: Sasquatch SC