Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

After burning through the original Yokohama Geolanders after 30K, I switched to Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 225/55R17 on stock rims. Pleasantly pleased with performance on dirt/fire access roads and very pleased with performance in icy/snowy conditions. Consider it as an option if you don't have the funds to do a lift, wheels and tires all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Rocky

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Dialed in Phase I of my build today. Went with the 'standard' BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 245/65R17's wrapped around Motogei MR118's. The look super good in real life, nice aggressive stance and a tiny bit of elevation gain. Not too much road noise either. I do need to go to Subaru and have them recalibrate the tire pressure sensors though.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.45.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.37.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.36.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.36.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.35.31 PM.png

LandPirate

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

2013 SH Forester here. My build is almost 'complete'. hahah, never! Ordered a rooftop tent which will replace this roof basket for an upcoming month long road trip out west. Skid plates, Yokohama Geolandar GO15 tires and other mods complete. Time to put everything to use and actually get out there.

IMG_6329.jpg

LandPirate

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Do you need to upgrade the crossbars for the RTT?

Yes, definitely. The factory Subaru crossbar set will not be adequate for the RTT. I am currently debating between a Thule & Yakima set of straight bars, but have not yet pulled the trigger on either set. Input is appreciated if you have any.

Kaimana

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

Yes, definitely. The factory Subaru crossbar set will not be adequate for the RTT. I am currently debating between a Thule & Yakima set of straight bars, but have not yet pulled the trigger on either set. Input is appreciated if you have any.
I've been considering an upgrade to the front runner rack. Looks like they make one compatible for a forester:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/subaru-forester-roof-rack-3-4-cargo-rack-factory-rail-mount-front-runner-slimline-ii.html

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I contacted Frontrunner while back ago.
Here are some pics they sent me.

If budget is an issue, I'd call Rhino Rack and ask for a scratch and dent item which are 1/2 off. Usually these are returns where customers changed there minds. It's a gamble though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi all,

Anyone change/upgrade their stock battery? If so, what did you get? After leaving my lights and draining the battery, my starts have been "sluggish. Thanks!

Reactions: Ricky-Bobbi

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hi all,

Anyone change/upgrade their stock battery? If so, what did you get? After leaving my lights and draining the battery, my starts have been "sluggish. Thanks!
I changed my OE battery out after a year. The new 4 cylinder (6 isn't much better) Outback comes with a really poor CCA group 25 battery. I swapped in a group 34 775 CCA AGM Duracell.

Reactions: krzyboy2o

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I changed my OE battery out after a year. The new 4 cylinder (6 isn't much better) Outback comes with a really poor CCA group 25 battery. I swapped in a group 34 775 CCA AGM Duracell.
Thanks!! There's so much talk on different brands Oddessy, X2 Power (Northstar), Optima, Die Hard Platinum, Deka... what was the deciding factor to go with Duracell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronco Driver

Rank 0

Traveler I

Fellow owner of a dirty hippie wagon ('16 outback 4 cal). It is my daily driver but replaced the tire with Yokohama G015's in the stock size. Considering a 2" lift to the front. Used for a few road trips and it did well. Enjoy bombing around Borrego Springs and the trails around the area. It is my daily driver so not planning on doing anything extreme with it. Generally happy even though it is a quirky car.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks!! There's so much talk on different brands Oddessy, X2 Power (Northstar), Optima, Die Hard Platinum, Deka... what was the deciding factor to go with Duracell?
No problem! My reason was the Duracell Platinum used to be a rebranded Odyssey but I'm not sure if it still is.

Fellow owner of a dirty hippie wagon ('16 outback 4 cal). It is my daily driver but replaced the tire with Yokohama G015's in the stock size. Considering a 2" lift to the front. Used for a few road trips and it did well. Enjoy bombing around Borrego Springs and the trails around the area. It is my daily driver so not planning on doing anything extreme with it. Generally happy even though it is a quirky car.
Welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Subaru.

Just got delivery confirmation that my ARB 2500 & bomber products AWN Locks have arrived! I'll be installing when I get home from the firehouse in the morning.
Nice. Did you mean 2500 or the 2000?

Reactions: Epic Overland

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

No problem! My reason was the Duracell Platinum used to be a rebranded Odyssey but I'm not sure if it still is.

Welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Subaru.

Nice. Did you mean 2500 or the 2000?
2500. Though the awning didn't arrive. The mounting brackets did. I guess the awning won't be here till next week. Bummed since I'm camping tomorrow. Oh well. I'm actually worried the 2500 may be to big

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
2500. Though the awning didn't arrive. The mounting brackets did. I guess the awning won't be here till next week. Bummed since I'm camping tomorrow. Oh well. I'm actually worried the 2500 may be to big
Not going to lie it's going to be long. If you mount it outside the hatch you'll be able to have it centered better but if not you'll be looking at it through the windshield. Granted it's a 3rd gen but here it is on an OB members former car.

IMG_1995.JPG

Reactions: Rocky