Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I am on the fence right now on the skid plates have heard the moutning points are weaker on these new models as they changed the mounting points. Still under further review as I really do want the protection. But there is lots of clearance now with the 2" lift.
Curious as to where this weaker mounting points comes from? The front plate mounts just where it did on the previous gen. The mid armor is unchanged and the dif armor is the same as it was in 2010.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Curious as to where this weaker mounting points comes from? The front plate mounts just where it did on the previous gen. The mid armor is unchanged and the dif armor is the same as it was in 2010.
Heard that there is pivot points for the 2017 that is weak when hit. Pretty reliable source but I am still investigating it. I'll let you know what I find out. I am going to check with Primitive directly next time I am up there to see the plates in person.

theNAST1EST

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nice rims
Thanks. Now I just get to be annoyed that I have to continue to run the cheap rubbers that the dealership installed before I bought it. Oh well...first world problems...

I have been fighting the urge to get those for my forester also.
Best price I found was through Discount Tire Direct. Significantly cheaper than just about anywhere else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overland-Jeff

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Torrance, CA
Member #

Stupid money, but I couldn't get the bronze 502s out of my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those 502s look pretty good. I just got a set of Sparco Assetto Gara wheels with General Grabbers. So far my only mod besides basics like first aid, fire extinguisher and go-tracks for recovery.
2001 Outback with the flat 6. Got it just over a month ago.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I love them, I have had sets on all my vehicles for the last 15 years and they have been fantastic. Can feel the heavier tire, but the noise is minimal and traction is outstanding.

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

The Rig and the trip looks amazing.

I was wondering if the way your rock sliders mount would be applicable to the SJ forester platform with some modification of course.
Not 100% sure. These mount into the subframe as well as the B-pillar of the car. Overall the design could be done as the chassis are kinda similar in the two models. These are custom so anything is possible.

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Fozroamer, you digging the new trailer?
Love it! With my engine tune on my turbo and engine mods I have done (trans and oil cooler) I have more than enough power to pull it. Most times I forget I am towing. lol All I need to do is switch out the hitch setup. I will most likely go with a LockNRoll setup in the near future. Just driving it around on bumpy fire roads I get kinda nervous with the standard 2" hitch setup it has.

This trailer is so light a stock Subaru can pull it usually with no issues depending on your tow rating. Its weighs 690lbs dry and that includes the tires/wheels. It allowed me to remove the weight out of my car and this trailer makes an amazing base camp pretty much anywhere you can take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I was looking into the CVT trailer before, but it doesn't have the side doors. Any clue if you could fit your fridge through the side doors? Assuming it had a way to slide out?

Love it! With my engine tune on my turbo and engine mods I have done (trans and oil cooler) I have more than enough power to pull it. Most times I forget I am towing. lol All I need to do is switch out the hitch setup. I will most likely go with a LockNRoll setup in the near future. Just driving it around on bumpy fire roads I get kinda nervous with the standard 2" hitch setup it has.

This trailer is so light a stock Subaru can pull it usually with no issues depending on your tow rating. Its weighs 690lbs dry and that includes the tires/wheels. It allowed me to remove the weight out of my car and this trailer makes an amazing base camp pretty much anywhere you can take it.

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

Thoughts on the bumper lights? (The red ringed ones) I've been kicking around the idea of getting some. I just put 4 Hella 500FF's on a rally innovations bar and I'm not all that impressed with the increase in visibility.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Haha, more Subies need Star Wars sun shades!