Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Just picked up my new toy and will be slowly modding it so that it is more capable while exploring. This truck is replacing my Toyota FJ which was very capable off road. However, it was not very comfortable to drive to and from work and as my kids have grown there just wasn't much room for us all. This thing has tons of room for everybody inside and the bed is a nice feature when it comes to needing to haul things. So I suppose this is kinda a multi purpose vehicle.

Gen 2 Ford Raptor 802a (bone stock)(removed the running boards)

If you would like more information on builds, parts, adventures, or whiskey (my nerd hobby), you can follow me at PNW-Adventure Scout.

20200512_004506188_iOS.jpg

20200512_004443245_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Seems to me there is always a question about bed racks on the various FB groups centered around overlanding. Here is what I decided to go with:

Xtrusion-Overland XTR1 - New bed rack on the market that requires no specialty tools and about 2 hours of your time to put together and install. This thing is very modular and YOUR imagination is the limit (you will see what I mean in the future).

Part 1 is about receiving it and the condition it was in.
Part 2 is going over all the parts and pieces that were included.
Part 3 is assembly.

4BE016F9-5C6F-432D-B02F-0EFDBBFB9A3A.jpg

Last edited:

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Seems to me there is always a question about bed racks on the various FB groups centered around overlanding. Here is what I decided to go with:

Xtrusion-Overland XTR1 - New bed rack on the market that requires no specialty tools and about 2 hours of your time to put together and install. This thing is very modular and YOUR imagination is the limit (you will see what I mean in the future).

Part 1 is about receiving it and the condition it was in.
Part 2 is going over all the parts and pieces that were included.
Part 3 is assembly.

View attachment 184599
I've got an Xtrusion Overland rack on my 2019 Ranger (the first on a Ranger!) and I love it for it's ease of assembly and modular capabilities. Plus once you've gotten everything tightened up, it's pretty damn solid!
2020-12-23 15.52.12.jpg

Reactions: SaltyYogurtSnek

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

As I have been planning on adding a RTT to my camping setup, I wanted to make sure I set the truck up to handle the additional weight while driving on rough terrain. I have heard that the aluminum beds of the Ford is susceptible to being damaged from off-roading and weight on the bed rails where it spreads the rear of the box sides apart. There is a whole aftermarket for device that restrict this spreading (seems even Tacoma's are in the same boat). I had been looking for an excuse to start a basic fabrication project and here is what I was able to create.

Check out my post here for more photos and write up of the steps involved.

IMG_7750.jpg

OVRLNDFX4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Erwin
Last Name
Namoc
Such a beauty. I am running Xtrusions XTR-1 on my 19 F150 but in a 23" height configuration to clear my roof top tent. I like your idea of the bed brace but was thinking if i opted for Xtrusions substructure would i essentially be doing the same thing. Not sure if youve seen thier subtructure. If your up to making another brace and selling it PM me. Ill take one!

Reactions: SaltyYogurtSnek

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Such a beauty. I am running Xtrusions XTR-1 on my 19 F150 but in a 23" height configuration to clear my roof top tent. I like your idea of the bed brace but was thinking if i opted for Xtrusions substructure would i essentially be doing the same thing. Not sure if youve seen thier subtructure. If your up to making another brace and selling it PM me. Ill take one!
I have not seen the substructure. I will have to keep on eye out for it and see what its all about. I have been contemplating building a few more braces in the future but not soon. You are not the first to ask lol. Might need to get my welding skills upgraded a tad before I am willing to share.