Smittybilt Overland Trailer

• HTML tutorial

professorkx

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I never saw my trailer when delivered. I didn't have the time to assemble, so I just paid 4 wheel parts to assemble. charged me 4 hours, but took over 11 hours. Now I see why it took so long to assemble. Looks like about 2 hours just to unpack the parts...

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@professorkx that Jack mod thing for storage is pretty genius!

I gotta think up a good storage method for my jacks, I have three and I just put them in my tongue box and on rough roads, I'm sure they'll do damage to anything else in there... hmmm.

4Roner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Duluth, Mn
Member #

IMG_3835.jpg

Just about have it all together. Now I'm going to start looking into battery-lighting-solar etc...
Solid trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TacocaT

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

Just got back from 5 nights/6 days in the Ozark National Forest with mine. Even drug it through some ATV trails (not intentionally) and it worked flawlessly. Wish there was more water though.. very dusty and not many water crossings.. my unit bearings thank me though.

High Water Trail 2017  (40).jpg

Brian B1973

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dallas, TX
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Batie
Im working on Solar now....going to fab up a frame connected behind the toolbox that angles back over the tire...to hold panel....Batteries in the tool box with charge controller.....

Have solar panel installed along with Marine accesory panel...Now the blade fusebox and lights...

20180727_201003.jpg 20180727_161244.jpg

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Ordered one and put it together ourselves. Love it, but some things I am going to change for sure.

Loving the idea of solar and battery with lights

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: