Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Hello fellow scout owners... did some digging and found this thread. I'll try and post some pictures of mine this evening.

Reactions: Reckn

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Ok I have just a few random pictures of my old phone.. The first picture is the trailer with our original set-up.(Tuff Stuff elite RTT, Rhino Rack batwing) all the rest of the trailer is stock....then rotopax mount on the front. Sidebox install electrical and swapped tents to a CVT MNT Denali..I may make a build thread when I tear it down for a repeat

Attachments

Reckn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hassett
Adding a 21 gallon tank..got the plumbing finished and the water pump mounted. Waiting on some tubing for a drain valve and then I'll have a spray nozzle for the kitchen and a hot water heaterIMG_20200118_192524.jpgIMG_20200112_162605.jpg

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Ok guys so here is a quick run through of the 6 lug spindle swap.
I ordered a new 3500lbs spindle and drum to match from E-Trailer
From there I brought it to our local badass fabricator/offroad shop and discussed the best way to make this work.....me I was gunna cut the old one off and get a pipe that would fit over the two spindles and weld it together....he said hellllllll no!! So he cut and tapered both sides and TIG welded them together..now the rest is just reassembly....if you are running Toyota factory wheels you know you have to deal with the lug nuts with a shaft on them....and if that's the case you have to swap studs...I went to o'Reilly's and snagged some...knocked the old ones out and new ones went in like butter. The only other thing you are going to need is a super small spacer to make clearance for the center cap to miss the grease cap on the hub.

I'll post a finished picture tomorrow I have to go run and get the spacers

Attachments

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Thanks for the info! After all that... I’ll just go with some billet spacers for $50! This way it’s Reversible for the next owner.
Have you ever seen one with spacers on it? I had them...needless to say your bearings will hate you after a bit

Reactions: DBG

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Hello guy, I am working on 30 gallons tank for my scout, soon I will have a real model & BOM for a small fee if anybody is interested ...happy trails.
Looks good, I have been holding off on a permanent tank... Did explore a bladder tank that could be folded up and stored. Make a small frame to hold it in place when in use..

Attachments

Reactions: Silverback07