Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Margy
Last Name
Green
Member #

I have an Aluminess Deluxe box mounted on a dual swingout rear bumper. A 5lb propane tank is mounted on top of the box. The stove is on a pullout so I could use it in the box but we always take it off and setup a cooking table in camp. I used to have a Zarges box kitted out as my kitchen box but found it was heavier than I wanted to lift in and out if I were alone. I store all food in a Zarges box as it is bear proof and we can leave it outside overnight and during the day next to our cooking area.This is always ready to go, I just need to put the one box that has tea, spices, drink mixes etc in it as that is stored in the house. The box was in the shade so the photo is not the best.20200107_092905-01.jpeg

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Nice Chuck Box @tenebs! If you don't mind me asking where did you get those silverware holders/sorters, I like that and need something like that for mine!

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

For all of you that have the built-in kitchens, in the back of your vehicle, on slide outs, when you cook with the door open, how do you keep flies from getting in. Last time I camped at the beach, back in September, It took me 2 days to get all the flies out. I want to build one of these built-in kitchens in the back of my Jeep, but am hesitant due to the bugs on the East coast.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 33931 My kitchen box is a simple pelican case that stores below my fridge. All my cooking kit is in that single case. Food in the fridge and an action packer. Space is at an extreme premium with a 100lb dog. Plus we are generally always camping in bear country. I can not leave my kitchen outside unsecured. So I cook on my tailgate. The carpet has been removed in favor for a giant cutting board panel. Everything stores below the dog platform. When I don't have the dog the roof rack gets a break.

View attachment 33929 View attachment 33930 View attachment 33932
[/QUOTE
Beautiful dog!