US West Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018

• HTML tutorial

farmula

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Expo Overland West from San Diego ... who’s going and when from our area? I’m debating on when to leave, leaning towards starting early THUR and camping that night somewhere in between.
Hi i plan on going. I'm leaving from North Park area. Traveling solo. Be great if I could tag along.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Hey everyone. So I’m planning the next met up and @donuteater will be doing May.
I’m hoping to have a link to a poll that you could vote on for the next meet. Give me until Friday and I’ll have it up. It you would like to toss out a meeting place.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hey everyone. So I’m planning the next met up and @donuteater will be doing May.
I’m hoping to have a link to a poll that you could vote on for the next meet. Give me until Friday and I’ll have it up. It you would like to toss out a meeting place.
I like the idea. Also need to get the new rig to a meet, it needs to do something overland related since we don't have plans to head out soon.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Ok sorry the delay in posting here is the link to the Voting. It has a spot that you can fill in another spot if you would like. Voting will end on 4/12 @7pm and i will post at 8 PM the meet up spot. Vote away and please only vote once I don't want to have to put a sign in for the vote.

Also i was talking to @Snupee and we are going to start doing More hands on stuff like basic First aid with some Firefighters, basic recovery, snotting, and some other stuff. please feel free to add anything you want to the second question in the poll.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Gravity Heights sounds like a nice fairly central location, maybe we do a rotating location, every month. It would be nice to move it around to North County, South Bay and East County every once and a while to make it a little closer to home for those in different parts of the county.

Reactions: hopkillin

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Gravity Heights sounds like a nice fairly central location, maybe we do a rotating location, every month. It would be nice to move it around to North County, South Bay and East County every once and a while to make it a little closer to home for those in different parts of the county.
Also it's walkable from my work's other site! Though, seeing all the rigs in parking structure would make an intimidating sight.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Hey everyone looks like gravity heights is winning. Still have time to vote for another spot.

Also some of the meet ups will just be hanging out and other will be vendor chats and some will be getting ready for the weekend training class.

Reactions: STOMPERWK2

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Winner winner chicken dinner.
GRAVITY HIGHTS is the winner.

Here is the address

9920 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121

Meet everyone there at 6:30. I’m going to get a spot out side. I have an email in to the brewer. I will updated as more info comes in.

Reactions: WhatTheZo

J.mitchell

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Chula Vista, CA, USA
Member #

Winner winner chicken dinner.
GRAVITY HIGHTS is the winner.

Here is the address

9920 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121

Meet everyone there at 6:30. I’m going to get a spot out side. I have an email in to the brewer. I will updated as more info comes in.
I'll try to make it out I would love to meet some more people from our area. My favorite thing about these meets is show and tell. I really enjoy being able to see what to look forward to and what people use offroad.20190422_132621.jpegIMG_20190305_102513_667.jpeg

Reactions: Snupee

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

I mean how are we supposed to compete with the amount of advertising and sponsorships these guys have [emoji23] Screenshot_20190424-124220.jpeg

Tank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rancho Santa Margarita
Member #

I mean how are we supposed to compete with the amount of advertising and sponsorships these guys have [emoji23] View attachment 95003
Just keep going.... Maybe think about moving it to a Saturday. Find a spot where a coffee shop is willing to support us, like the Rigs&Coffee meetup in Orange County. Most successful meetups are at the same venue each month. My 2cents...

Reactions: tbuck12

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Just keep going.... Maybe think about moving it to a Saturday. Find a spot where a coffee shop is willing to support us, like the Rigs&Coffee meetup in Orange County. Most successful meetups are at the same venue each month. My 2cents...
I totally agree with keeping at the same spot and possibly moving it to a weekend morning. Could lead to more Trail runs and a successful group. I think it's come a long ways but I agree with tank on this one