Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I’m running 225/75r16 so not too extreme by modern standards. I doubt I’ll be flexing it much in the first few months either. Right now the entire focus is getting it road trip worthy. Most of its testing will be on tame logging roads and such.
225/ 75r/ 16 is still 31.7" dia. aren't they ? I currently run 255/70r/16 and the are only 29.5" tall. My new tires (yet to be installed) are 275/75r/16 and they fit with my 2" spring spacers except for needing the bottom of the front fender valance to be trimmed. That's why I was glad to see your info on trimming the valence 3-4 inches. I also have 1" wheel spacers that I may have to remove but the tire company said they were fine. I will soon find out. I may have to sell my tires to a Toyota owner... LOL

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

IMG_1198.JPG

Walked out to go to work this morning and found a small puddle of the new coolant, leaking from the water pump weep hole. En route to work I ordered the water pump, pulley, fan clutch, expansion tank, belt, bearings, seals, and front rotors. Hopefully some of it gets here before the weekend. Looking like busy days until then.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 121382

Walked out to go to work this morning and found a small puddle of the new coolant, leaking from the water pump weep hole. En route to work I ordered the water pump, pulley, fan clutch, expansion tank, belt, bearings, seals, and front rotors. Hopefully some of it gets here before the weekend. Looking like busy days until then.
Was this before you trimmed the bumper ? I cant tell because it's black. Good you found that leak, shows your doing something right for sure.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I ordered from rockauto around 9am cst. Fan clutch, and inner axle seals showed up this morning. Water pump and belt should be tomorrow, brake disks Saturday, bearings Monday.(boo) lol
You are talking about wheel bearings aren't you ? Sounds like pretty good service. It irks me they don't have saturday deliveries. That's when most of us have time to work on our cars.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

You are talking about wheel bearings aren't you ? Sounds like pretty good service. It irks me they don't have saturday deliveries. That's when most of us have time to work on our cars.
It’s 4x Timkin 37 so enough for the front axle. I am starting to collect the stuff to get into that front axle the previous owner goofed up. Not sure if I’ll tackle it before weekend after next, but the parts will be here if I find myself bored.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Panels into my Victron 75/10 charge controller, then it connects to selected loads and the battery.
I set mine on the ground so that I can park my rig in the shade (if there is any shade) . I have 2 marine led batteries setup and a 1000w-2000w max inverter all operating off 100w solar and 10a controller. I am not set up to go through the rig battery yet, and don't know if I ever will. I am a believer in lots of storage so I don't have to worry about sun lite full time. Being in the SW we always have plenty of sun lite though.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Weight can kill fuel mileage, and wears harder on suspension, and chassis components not to mention reducing cargo & towing capacity.

I’m trying to add less than 10lbs to the Rover while gaining a decent charge from the static panels in otherwise typically wasted space. I’ve found that if I’m mindful of my consumers I don’t need enough extra reserve to require an extra battery typically.(at least until I add a winch up front)

Anyway, if you’re squeamish about Rover abuse look away now!

Fit the panels where I wanted them.
IMG_1238.JPG

Measure twice and all that and drill big gnarly holes into hood.
IMG_1241.JPG

Slide the wires through.
IMG_1242.JPG

Enjoy flush mounted beauty.
IMG_1243.JPG

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Different strokes for different folks !
Five gallons of any liquid weighs as much as a battery. I don't carry five gallons of ice chest filled beer, or extra 5 gallons of gas on my trips so I can carry the weight of a battery or two easily. Also I don't carry the back seats, they are removed. I have no need for back seats.

If you find a way to leave the panels on permanently that's pretty slick, except for having to leave your rig out in the sun all the time.

S

softroad.406

Weight can kill fuel mileage, and wears harder on suspension, and chassis components not to mention reducing cargo & towing capacity.

I’m trying to add less than 10lbs to the Rover while gaining a decent charge from the static panels in otherwise typically wasted space. I’ve found that if I’m mindful of my consumers I don’t need enough extra reserve to require an extra battery typically.(at least until I add a winch up front)

Anyway, if you’re squeamish about Rover abuse look away now!

Fit the panels where I wanted them.
View attachment 121726

Measure twice and all that and drill big gnarly holes into hood.
View attachment 121727

Slide the wires through.
View attachment 121728

Enjoy flush mounted beauty.
View attachment 121729
Does this create a glare when you drive the panels?