R.I.P. Beloved vehicles that are now gone (wrecked,traded in,sold,or lost in divorce)

• HTML tutorial

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I miss my Suzuki Grand Vitara. Not many people are into them but it's a pretty capable little machine. It had a V6, low-range 4x4, solid rear axle, and a body on frame construction. I had mine all sorted out nicely and then I sold it to get something with more room after my first daughter was born:
I had a white one with the solid tire cover and rear spoiler. That was a sweet vehicle - lot's of power for its size, too.

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

47273.jpg

1993 K Blazer that was my first vehicle. She was more of a college daily than overlander but after deciding to quit pumping oil one day she had to be parked in my parents garage. After 2 years of not having the time, money, or resources for diagnose/repair I had to sell her. Worst part was I only got $1500

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
No pic, but it was my first 4x4. A standard cab, it was a long bed 4x4 Ford 1/2 ton. Manual 4 speed, with a straight 6 carbureted engine. It was the last year (1985) before Ford went to a fuel injection system. On road it was a dog (3.00 gears), but, once the transfer case was engaged, it was great. The granny gear 1st was impressive, and off idle downhill, it would just roll with the compression braking (no brakes).
I put in a 'lock right' lunch box locker, and It became a very capable rig. I also latter put in a 'true-trac' in the front, but never really used it. By then my new 4x4 was my daily driver, my wife had hers, and this truck became a driveway queen. In the end, I donated it for a tax credit. I do still think about how capable it was, even with the long bed.