R.I.P. Beloved vehicles that are now gone (wrecked,traded in,sold,or lost in divorce)

• HTML tutorial

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
1996 Grand Cherokee ZJ. With the solid front and rear axles, 33" tires, and V8 it was great on the trail. The poor reliability and gas mileage caused me to sell it to buy my 4Runner.

1996 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi. I have always wanted a diesel truck and finally found one, but it needed a lot of work and my wife and I were remodeling a house and I didn't have time to work on it. Still kicking myself for selling this truck.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Ouch!!@@!!....holy crap.....so glad you're still with us after that. This is why I'm so grateful these rigs are built the way they are. They are life savers.:astonished::sunglasses:
I was moving some household goods with a buddy in his truck behind me. I had jumped out to talk to him at a light and forgot to buckle up again. A few lights later I got hit. I don’t remember much. I was thrown about 50 feet and the result was 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung, stitches and staples in the head and some road rash. I am VERY lucky.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My 2010 Toyota LC200 with V8 4.7L

lifted with fox shocks 2.0 and total chaos UCA

Then this happened

Wow.....looks like the front was attacked by a giant shop vac and sucked the front end of your Toy completely off. Glad you walked away from that...

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Here are my last three along with my current toy :)

'86 Jeep CJ
'95 Chevy with 6in lift & 35in BFG Mud-Terrains
'08 Chevy Avalanche with BFG All-Terrains
'18 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

Trucks.jpg

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Sold my '16 Z06 to buy/build my Jeep. Huge sacrifice, but worth it so far. Jeep takes me to any remote wilderness, which is the point. Vette was very quick and flashy. So fun to hammer on. Oh well, she's gone but not forgotten. I'll probably get another Z06 in a few years.

Reactions: TRT87 and Chadlyb