Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

We always have room for a 4Runner! Anyone is welcome to join. I estimated the RSVP based on previous attendance. A heads up would be helpful in case I need to increase it. Currently got about 6 folks who are in.

Reactions: AL Z. and BOMBS

jpcobe

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Layton, Davis County, Utah, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Coberly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV999
Service Branch
US Army (Retired)
Ok ya'll. I landed in the middle on time (excuse my optimistic on an early start, oh the things I do to secure space...). I surveyed restaurant options. I found a place that's respectable.

Let's do a 9:30am meet.

We'll walk over to Hearth & Hill at ~9:55am for a brunch.

Here's their brunch menu if interested: Park City Menu | Hearth and Hill

We can reconvene afterwards too.

I've got a 10am RSVP in for 16 currently (we had 15 last time!). Talked with manager today. If you could PM me if you're able to make it / how many, that'd be helpful. Although we'll be flexible, I can add more if necessary.

Appreciate everyone's patience and flexibility on timing... we'll find our groove on location/etc.

We can also discuss our trip Feb 9th - 11th (I have another thread on that, let me know if you're not on it). I was thinking somewhere north of the 70 north of San Rafael Swell, open to discussing though (I haven't checked temps/weather currently).

(This is all updated here: Park City – Overland People Meetup )

Looking forward -
I’m in

Reactions: BOMBS

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
Greatly enjoyed meeting everyone today!! THANKS Matthewg for setting everything up.

Reactions: Dustin_S

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

I started a photo album here I'll post to for our meetups (I may do separate albums for actual trips): Overland Bound - Park City - I made it a shared album, I think it'll let ya'll subscribe to it (and/or upload to it).

Great to see a lot of new faces today! I believe everyone here is on the other thread where we're planning the Feb 9-11 trip. If not private message me and I'll add ya.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
What all was discussed on Sunday's meeting? The meetings I am able to attend I plan on taking notes and posting them on OB so those who couldn't attend are left in the loop.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Hey @Ron W. , it was a combination of:

- Showing rig set ups
- Talking through mods
- Discussing where we've been / aim to go
- Misc conversations during brunch at Hearth & Hill (there was ~16 of us)
- Talking through the trip Feb 9 - 11th trip (all of that is done on our other thread: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/conversations/february-9-11-trip-explore-north-of-san-rafael-swell-north-of-70.133227/page-2#convMessage-253846 - I re-iterated things there that are specific to the trip)
- Different folks from different military branches teasing each other

All trip planning for Feb 9 - 11th trip is being discussed in that thread. I believe everyone here is in that thread, if someone isn't let me know.

Also, our next gathering is on the calendar:

February 25th, 9:30am - meet & greet for 30 minutes then brunch again like we did this time. It's great that we were able to put in our RSVP for 20 people and basically have the entire room to ourselves.

Updated info here: Park City – Overland People Rigs & Brunch

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Dang it! I am working on the 25th, so I will have to miss out again! Do me a favor and bring up if anyone wants to do a fishing trip.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

@Ron W. I'm likely doing a fishing trip late April (26-28) in California off the 395 near Bishop if you'd like to join, PM me. It's the Sierra open. There's a dozen other rigs/folks. Will see about folks here. (Less Overlanding focused, more fishing focused)

Looking forward to seeing ya'll Sunday 9:30am to check out rigs + discuss our early April trip/etc!

Also, I was driving in SLC recently and saw: Salt Lake Off-Road Outdoor Expo

March 1st and 2nd: Event Schedule | Salt Lake Off-Road & Outdoor Expo

If someone would like to "lead" this or if someone is going, I'm happy to start a new thread on this with a handful of folks to see if a group of us might be interested in going. I won't be able to make it but happy to start a thread on it. Let me know!

Reactions: AL Z.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Reactions: BOMBS