Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
@Ron W. I'm likely doing a fishing trip late April (26-28) in California off the 395 near Bishop if you'd like to join, PM me. It's the Sierra open. There's a dozen other rigs/folks. Will see about folks here. (Less Overlanding focused, more fishing focused)

Looking forward to seeing ya'll Sunday 9:30am to check out rigs + discuss our early April trip/etc!

Also, I was driving in SLC recently and saw: Salt Lake Off-Road Outdoor Expo

March 1st and 2nd: Event Schedule | Salt Lake Off-Road & Outdoor Expo

If someone would like to "lead" this or if someone is going, I'm happy to start a new thread on this with a handful of folks to see if a group of us might be interested in going. I won't be able to make it but happy to start a thread on it. Let me know!
I am planning on going to the show on Saturday. I will post when I am there, if anyone else is around maybe we can meetup.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOMBS and Dustin_S

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I am planning on going to the show on Saturday. I will post when I am there, if anyone else is around maybe we can meetup.
I will be at the show on Friday. Hoping to be there around 11. I will have my OB hat on.

Reactions: BOMBS and AL Z.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Friday was pretty good. They had the entire expo center and more vendors. This meant more vendors for off-road vehicles instead of a lot of SxS.

Reactions: BOMBS

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Hey @jrza101 , thanks for cussing out @Dustin_S for us re: his margarita-sipping-priorities. I mean, who prioritizes such vacation *over us* ? Doesn't @Dustin_S know who we think we are?!

Great to see a handful of you last weekend! Attached photo. (And great to see a new face, Sam, and hear about his young family, who coincidentally I met at Tire Pros a few months prior)

I'm resurfacing after a bit of traveling + 5 day trip between Valley of Fire State Park (NV) and Afton Canyon (CA, part of Mojave trail). (Thanks @darin.explore for your tip about Valley of Fire re: Little Finland, it was fun to hike around! And @AL Z. on tipping me off to make reservations)

All,

Currently we have an early April trip on the calendar (there's another thread for that, let me know if you'd like to be added there if you're not although I thought I added everyone).

In that thread, @AL Z. is looking to coordinate a gathering mid-March to do some planning (this will likely be closer to SLC somewhere, we're discussing).

I won't be back in UT until June, happy to coordinate another brunch when I get into town.

In the meantime... let me know if you'd like to host a trip and/or a local gathering somewhere. I'm happy to re-use this thread, update our main rally point, help coordinate/support remotely, answer any other questions/etc. If you know a place to RSVP for 10-20 people, you can do that or if someone has a free weekend and you want to do a trip but not sure where to go I can jump on a Zoom call and help with planning ideas and we can collaborate in a shared Gaia folder.

An immediate next trip to do would be Red's Canyon. You can camp where we did last time, do the Red's Canyon loop / an offshoot near it, I can share GPS coordinates. It's a really scenic loop and the weather's likely great now before it gets too hot.

Feel free to PM me and/or text message if you have my cell.

Attachments

Dustin_S

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Riverton, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Shypkowski
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hey @jrza101 , thanks for cussing out @Dustin_S for us re: his margarita-sipping-priorities. I mean, who prioritizes such vacation *over us* ? Doesn't @Dustin_S know who we think we are?!

Great to see a handful of you last weekend! Attached photo. (And great to see a new face, Sam, and hear about his young family, who coincidentally I met at Tire Pros a few months prior)

I'm resurfacing after a bit of traveling + 5 day trip between Valley of Fire State Park (NV) and Afton Canyon (CA, part of Mojave trail). (Thanks @darin.explore for your tip about Valley of Fire re: Little Finland, it was fun to hike around! And @AL Z. on tipping me off to make reservations)

All,

Currently we have an early April trip on the calendar (there's another thread for that, let me know if you'd like to be added there if you're not although I thought I added everyone).

In that thread, @AL Z. is looking to coordinate a gathering mid-March to do some planning (this will likely be closer to SLC somewhere, we're discussing).

I won't be back in UT until June, happy to coordinate another brunch when I get into town.

In the meantime... let me know if you'd like to host a trip and/or a local gathering somewhere. I'm happy to re-use this thread, update our main rally point, help coordinate/support remotely, answer any other questions/etc. If you know a place to RSVP for 10-20 people, you can do that or if someone has a free weekend and you want to do a trip but not sure where to go I can jump on a Zoom call and help with planning ideas and we can collaborate in a shared Gaia folder.

An immediate next trip to do would be Red's Canyon. You can camp where we did last time, do the Red's Canyon loop / an offshoot near it, I can share GPS coordinates. It's a really scenic loop and the weather's likely great now before it gets too hot.

Just so everyone knows I drank at a min. 3 drinks for each person in this group. I know my sacrifice touched your hearts but no thanks is needed.

jrza101

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Elk Ridge, Utah County, Utah, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Riley

All,

Just so everyone knows I drank at a min. 3 drinks for each person in this group. I know my sacrifice touched your hearts but no thanks is needed.
I think this is the best comment in our thread so far

Reactions: BOMBS and Dustin_S

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

If anyone would like to lead a San Rafael Swell trip, Red's Canyon, I can help with a planning call and share spots via Gaia / etc.

The weather still seems reasonable right now. If folks are interested for, say, next weekend - April 12 - 14, we could start a new thread regarding it. Let me know! Happy to help remotely. And/or someone can text me to let me know you're interested in leading and I'll kick off a new thread with everyone.

Attachments

Reactions: AL Z. and BOMBS

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
If anyone would like to lead a San Rafael Swell trip, Red's Canyon, I can help with a planning call and share spots via Gaia / etc.

The weather still seems reasonable right now. If folks are interested for, say, next weekend - April 12 - 14, we could start a new thread regarding it. Let me know! Happy to help remotely. And/or someone can text me to let me know you're interested in leading and I'll kick off a new thread with everyone.
I'll be in the Golden State next weekend and this weekend I'm rolling out solo Hanksville area.

Reactions: AL Z.

jrza101

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Elk Ridge, Utah County, Utah, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Riley
Sadly (not sadly) there is an epic punk rock concert in Salt Lake on the 13th and not only have I apparently never outgrown that kind of thing, but I’m also indoctrinating my children. So my 18 yo and I will be in attendance with fists raised high! Lol

Reactions: BOMBS