DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
So we can't hang out with our buddies, we can't go exploring, the garage is cleaned, tools are organized, mowed the lawn, cleaned the windows, washed out the gutters, waxed the truck, changed the oil, sharpened the axe, and the chainsaw, planned several future trips, read a book cover to cover, binged netflix, caught up on all youtube videos, .......

Now What?! Going crazy.....Oh I know,....I need to buy something, I don't know what it is yet, but I need it....."It will occupy my time", I will tell my wife.

Ahh,....This will do the trick!...
View attachment 147597

Am I the only one?
Nice!!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Not panic buys, but since we’re limited on what we can do, switched from buying motorcycle parts to buying camping supplies. Got a week long trip to Lake Shasta next month.. I think.. what day is it? March 81st? Haha
Lake Shasta sounds great!!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I bought a monster awning for the tailgate of my Jeep XJ. It will cover about 5 or 6 people. I'm thinking that we may be doing more day trips for a while and it might come in handy. I'm also a race fan (sports cars, road racing, etc.) and I'm looking forward to backing this up to the track side fence and staying out of the sun and rain.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I like it. Linkage? How big is it packed up?

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I bought a monster awning for the tailgate of my Jeep XJ. It will cover about 5 or 6 people. I'm thinking that we may be doing more day trips for a while and it might come in handy. I'm also a race fan (sports cars, road racing, etc.) and I'm looking forward to backing this up to the track side fence and staying out of the sun and rain.

That thing looks nice and sturdy. Looks great!

Reactions: PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I like it. Linkage? How big is it packed up?
I got it on Amazon last week but it now shows as it being currently unavailable. If you add it to your "Wish List" you might find that it will come back. The price was $140 CDN delivered so probably about $100 or so to you.

It packs up into a zippered bag that is about 20" long and about 5"x5" square. The one it came with is a bit tight but I had one only a few inches bigger each way which works great and allowed me to throw in a tent peg hammer. It comes with 3 fiberglass poles for the dome and 2 posts for the front (all collapsible to about 18" long) plus the guy wires and cheap tent pegs (which I replaced). I'm probably going to replace the 2 poles with telescopic ones.

One nice thing is that you can close your hatch and release the 1" black nylon straps from the spokes of your wheels (I have them pegged to the ground in the picks which is wrong) and pull away. You can drop the whole thing to the ground and peg it down so it won't blow away. The "dome" is like a fly with fiberglass poles over a tent. It was breezy the first time I put it up and took it down and I was OK doing it on my own.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Bought our first family tent, a Gazelle T4, and the wife's requirement, a cassette toilet with a pop-up shelter. No more excuses!
I bought the T4 for the family and we LOVE it! Check out the little Mr Buddy heater for making getting in and out of bed far more pleasurable ;)

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Thought I had better check in, the post waits for nobody ;)

I received the Milwaukee M18 blower/chainsaw pack with some beefier battery’s. Both work great and are in the “overlanding pile”. Blower is a treat for desert camping cleanup and wet wood fire starter.
Also got a lil buddy heater for the wife’s comfort. Did a burn off yesterday and am impressed!
Diff breather extension kit arrived and will sit for a bit, got one of those fancy air down tools as well. No more poking the valve with a key for this guy!

Talking about the lack of JKU space and camping with the family @Heidi said I need one of those roof rack things. Mwahahaha! Just resting on the sweet sweet approval for the time being.
+1
My 20vMAX DeWalt setup is very handy when we’re staying in the wilderness. The chainsaw and blower see the heaviest use, but it’s nice having the rest when you need ‘em (impact, reciprocating saw, Brad nailer, etc)
I use the Power Station to charge my batteries. It’s big, but with (4) 9Ah batteries loaded up it doubles as a small (100% silent) generator.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
+1
My 20vMAX DeWalt setup is very handy when we’re staying in the wilderness. The chainsaw and blower see the heaviest use, but it’s nice having the rest when you need ‘em (impact, reciprocating saw, Brad nailer, etc)
I use the Power Station to charge my batteries. It’s big, but with (4) 9Ah batteries loaded up it doubles as a small (100% silent) generator.
Do you ever get into a heavy wood cutting situation on the trail where the charger cannot keep up with the saw's draw on the batteries? How many batteries do you recommend (I have a couple small and a couple 8ha batteries)?
Was at my buddies place last weekend who introduced me to blower use while camping, his DeWalt is tiny compared to the Milwaukee :(
μολὼν λαβέ - right back at you ;)

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Ok soo... went a little crazy during the “fear lockdown” with purchases. Got some new fun gear and some regular maintenance things that I’ve been putting off. Here we go!

-new to me 2009 led oem tail lights
-Dmos alpha 2 shovel and mount (got a deal on blem! Had to scoop it)
-Fiskars 28” axe w/rack mounts and quickfists
-ARB CKMA24 on board compressor (finally, now I don’t have to be that guy everyone is waiting for to air up)
-ARB Hose Kit + digital tire inflator
-AFE power pro dry s air filter
-BigBadMax air horn (To blast dumb drivers lol)
-2 front oem catalytic converters w/gaskets
(Damn California smog laws, wish I could just cut them off, would have got my Victory4x4 roof rack for what I payed for those!)

Cats go on tomorrow, still deciding where to mount Dmos shovel, any suggestions?

Meanwhile, sitting here wishing there was a trail run or meet up soon! I.E. meet up thread seems to have gone dark lately. DF069639-1BB4-45B6-A874-3F81922C7567.jpegC24E5E35-1F46-4D23-97D3-D0A5AF8B4519.jpeg1A2524AE-9731-4B03-9D96-B9A8772D74F7.jpegCB004BD1-BC04-4743-B5BD-5D138BD3BEED.jpeg29D022BD-102D-4FE1-86AE-B23C0775001F.jpeg65214DD1-E8E9-46C0-A98D-7226E98473D4.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
+1
Do you ever get into a heavy wood cutting situation on the trail where the charger cannot keep up with the saw's draw on the batteries? How many batteries do you recommend (I have a couple small and a couple 8ha batteries)?
Was at my buddies place last weekend who introduced me to blower use while camping, his DeWalt is tiny compared to the Milwaukee :(
μολὼν λαβέ - right back at you ;)

I carry 2 3.0 aH batteries plus 2 of the small 1.5aH batteries for my B&D tools. The smaller batteries i only use on my drill the larger ones i use on my chainsaw, sawsall and small circular saw.

On longer trips I could toss my quick charger in there and power it off of my small inverter.

But on my last trip i used one battery and part of another clearing about 5 smaller trees and sawing up another dead tree for firewood.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Ok soo... went a little crazy during the “fear lockdown” with purchases. Got some new fun gear and some regular maintenance things that I’ve been putting off. Here we go!

-new to me 2009 led oem tail lights
-Dmos alpha 2 shovel and mount (got a deal on blem! Had to scoop it)
-Fiskars 28” axe w/rack mounts and quickfists
-ARB CKMA24 on board compressor (finally, now I don’t have to be that guy everyone is waiting for to air up)
-ARB Hose Kit + digital tire inflator
-AFE power pro dry s air filter
-BigBadMax air horn (To blast dumb drivers lol)
-2 front oem catalytic converters w/gaskets
(Damn California smog laws, wish I could just cut them off, would have got my Victory4x4 roof rack for what I payed for those!)

Cats go on tomorrow, still deciding where to mount Dmos shovel, any suggestions?

Meanwhile, sitting here wishing there was a trail run or meet up soon! I.E. meet up thread seems to have gone dark lately. View attachment 157514View attachment 157515View attachment 157516View attachment 157517View attachment 157518View attachment 157519
That is some nice shopping!