DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Thanks, it was actually a last minute purchase before rolling out of town when we saw there was going to be rain. Have to say I've been pretty pleased with it for something I bought by chance, if I remember the price wasn't to bad. Ordered it online from Sportsman Warehouse and picked up in store on our way out of town.
Sportsman's Warehouse is awesome! I never leave there empty handed!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

just wait....:grinning:
Well let’s see what kinda woodworking tools I could have bought with what went into my last project

All Toyota stuff
Arb front
Arb compressor
Detroit rear
V6 diff 5.29s
Long fields
Hy steer
All the sas brackets
Diff shave kits
Springs
Duel cases
Twin sticks
Long travel shocks
Metal
Cj5 hard top
Building the “truck bed”

Then there’s stuff I still needed to buy
Tires ,1800$ ish
Bead locks , to much Because I’ve made them before and .... no thank you
2 winches

And I’m sure a thousand other little things and we won’t even talk about welders and metal fab tools regular tools ect ect

So ya so far woodworking is a bargain lol

Reactions: M Rose and grubworm

Cj13

Rank II

Contributor II

Mount Olive, AL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I'm addicted to scale rcs,I have 1 scx10ii, 4 scx10,2 bombers and a couple others that are in pieces sacrificing themselves to the greater good of some of the other rigs. Sadly I have more money tied up in them than I do in my real rigs. But man they are fun

Reactions: Smileyshaun

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I'm a little late to seeing this post, but I have a similar awning made by Slumber Jack called the Roadhouse and they're great. We were camping Memorial day weekend and had light rain on and off the whole time with temps ranging from 30's-60's and a steady wind in the evenings. Set it up so the open end was a few feet from the fire, hooked in another rain fly on the wind side for a wall and stayed dry and warm all weekend.
View attachment 163350
That's a nice set up. Are the back poles telescopic? Mine (post #69) aren't and I'll be switching them out. I think the ability to adjust the height at the rear (lowering it when needed) would be a good thing.

You must have got the Grand Cherokee model. Mine is just the plain Cherokee model. lol Either way ... all old Cherokees are good!

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

That's a nice set up. Are the back poles telescopic? Mine (post #69) aren't and I'll be switching them out. I think the ability to adjust the height at the rear (lowering it when needed) would be a good thing.

You must have got the Grand Cherokee model. Mine is just the plain Cherokee model. lol Either way ... all old Cherokees are good!
No they aren't telescopic, it would be nice but for the 2 times I've used it it hasn't been an issue. I recommend getting a couple of cheap nylon rain fly/shade tarps to attach for walls, it made a huge difference when it was cold and a little windy for us. We had the fire going at the open end and put the Mr. Buddy heater on the back of the Jeep and it was toasty in there.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
ncl
rcl
ccl
aal
dal
ba
enzy

Anyone want an '04 Mach1 with a bad fuel pump. $12,000.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I’m a bit late to this post, however, I got into the RC world thanks to a gift from my son. It’s the axial scx 10 builders kit. With an 80 series body to match my real one. I’ve also added another 120 watts of solar energy and upgraded all the wiring I installed years ago to support two fridges, a 300 watt subwoofer, and CB radio. Now it all looks organized and not like some spaghetti bowl wiring.. oh, and spent too much time & money painting, lettering and weathering trains. 7E6F916D-806C-4F28-ABEE-2B08F0D73F52.jpegF0DC7B1C-7CA3-4580-ACD7-32CB005333B5.jpeg80C03055-2C72-4630-B115-049D413A7B00.jpeg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I’m a bit late to this post, however, I got into the RC world thanks to a gift from my son. It’s the axial scx 10 builders kit. With an 80 series body to match my real one. I’ve also added another 120 watts of solar energy and upgraded all the wiring I installed years ago to support two fridges, a 300 watt subwoofer, and CB radio. Now it all looks organized and not like some spaghetti bowl wiring.. oh, and spent too much time & money painting, lettering and weathering trains. View attachment 163689View attachment 163690View attachment 163691
Well, you did a great job making them look authentic! Very Nice!

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've been eyeing dirtbikes/ enduros for a while now. They have been more tempting than ever. Same with a kayak, new quadcopter, and AEV bumper for the truck...
I've been dreaming about dual sports for the last decade. Just had to pull the trigger...kind of like pulling a band aid.

Just tell her you bought it to reduce your carbon footprint and help planet earth...... and stuff
Considering my other rig is a 100 series land cruiser its not far from the truth! 13mpg vs 65mpg :sunglasses:

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
cool. thanks but i already ordered one online last night. 4K camera and brushless motors for $130. guess thats good.
the wife LOVES waterfalls and we did a trip a few months back to north Georgia which is chock full of falls and of course had to do some climbing to get good pics and that is when i first thought about how nice a drone would be saving me a lot of climbing and hiking. we did the Talullah falls which was over 1000 stairs to go up...1000 stairs to climb for a pic of a waterfall. a drone would have paid for itself on that alone...!
which drone did you buy?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I finally ordered the transmission for my Cross-RC SU4-C... it’s only been on back order since November when I broke it... I’ll post pictures when it arrives on Monday hopefully can get a couple of good crawler shots as well... if my favorite corses are open.

Reactions: DaleRF and grubworm

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Wellll...My wife went from NC to Washington DC this past weekend in her 4runner 3rd gen and said that the shocks sucked. I guess some Bilstein 5100 are soon to be ordered.