Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Stu, I'm kind of wondering the same. COVID really has LA screwed up. I'm anxious to get with the group, even if it is over zoom. It'd be nice to hit the trails with a crew.

Reactions: David S

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Hi Keith, well how about this, give it 7 days and then if nothing materializes, then lets start our won.

What could possibly happen.

Stu.
I'm sure the others will join in within the week. Great guys from the meetup I went to a year ago. Narbob's a hoot!

Whatever we do, we will need to do it responsibly. I think that can be done to a good degree now.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey guys,
Thanks for showing interest on getting this going again!! Let’s give it a little time to see how the state/ county proceeds and then it’s on. If they stay with the current orders we can definitely get together sooner staying within the guidelines.
Stay tuned!!!!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey guys,
Thanks for showing interest on getting this going again!! Let’s give it a little time to see how the state/ county proceeds and then it’s on. If they stay with the current orders we can definitely get together sooner staying within the guidelines.
Stay tuned!!!!
@keith.gowan I’ve been called many things but never “A hoot” :)

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A

StuBarnes

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Los angels
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

@keith.gowan I’ve been called many things but never “A hoot” :)
Well, now you have. FYI, wife took your advice and bought a 2020 Rubicon Recon, and I nabbed a 100 series LandCruiser. We've got the vehicles, if not the skill!!!
Love the look of the 100 series. It’s 100% unashamed Tonka toy.

I’ve got some Kc’s going on the landy this week. Just need to work out using the home link garage door system and a slave relay to keep the interior looking clean.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Sounds awesome! I haven't added lights yet. Some small upgrades like front and rear cameras for my head unit.

Prior, I had a GX 460 but went with the 100 series that had great service records. Previous owner added arb front bar, winch, and 3" lift.

I have ordered and am awaiting my White Knuckle sliders.

We should do a run sometime. @StuBarnes

StuBarnes

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Los angels
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

Sounds awesome! I haven't added lights yet. Some small upgrades like front and rear cameras for my head unit.

Prior, I had a GX 460 but went with the 100 series that had great service records. Previous owner added arb front bar, winch, and 3" lift.

I have ordered and am awaiting my White Knuckle sliders.

We should do a run sometime. @StuBarnes
Hope the sliders live up to their name.

StuBarnes

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Los angels
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

Well look what just arrived. Now I need to get them installed.

Would love to do a run Keith, I’m still on the stock Conti’s so nothing too taxing, although if I lose a sidewall then it’s an excuse to get some Toyo AT3’s that I have my eye on.

Attachments

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Nice lights! I haven't done jack with lighting yet. Thinking an LED headlight conversion might be enough for me - but need to learn more before buying.

I think a landy & LC run would be fun. I am cool with an easy trail that won't tax your tires. I think I still have 4 or more weeks until the sliders arrive. I would hate to do hard trail damage before those get put on. Someone said I should hit up rowher flats - but I am open to any trail if you have something in mind. Maybe a day run next weekend?

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

Hello all,

I'm new to the OB neighborhood and thought I'd reach out to some locals. I've been [soft]roading for the last 5+ years in my 2018 Forester (and previous vehicles), but in the last 2 years I have been yearning to push myself/vehicle further. Now I know Subarus are not true off-roaders so I have realistic expectations about what my vehicle can and can't do, but I also think Subaru's have proven to be stouter, dare I say more capable, than other COV/SUVs out on the market. (I see a lot of the heavy hitters here: Toyos, Jeeps, etc., so I'm hoping not to get catch much grief on my platform.) with that said, I've been building it up some to accommodate more difficult terrain but sadly I don' t have people in my circle of friends to shadow or ride with. This is why I joined OB this year, to try and branch out and learn more about off-roading (as much as an AWD vehicle can) and my/my vehicles capabilities. I'd love to learn more about our local areas and the trails they offer, and take part in some easy trail rides to cut my teeth and build some confidence.

Cheers all!

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Hello all,

I'm new to the OB neighborhood and thought I'd reach out to some locals. I've been [soft]roading for the last 5+ years in my 2018 Forester (and previous vehicles), but in the last 2 years I have been yearning to push myself/vehicle further. Now I know Subarus are not true off-roaders so I have realistic expectations about what my vehicle can and can't do, but I also think Subaru's have proven to be stouter, dare I say more capable, than other COV/SUVs out on the market. (I see a lot of the heavy hitters here: Toyos, Jeeps, etc., so I'm hoping not to get catch much grief on my platform.) with that said, I've been building it up some to accommodate more difficult terrain but sadly I don' t have people in my circle of friends to shadow or ride with. This is why I joined OB this year, to try and branch out and learn more about off-roading (as much as an AWD vehicle can) and my/my vehicles capabilities. I'd love to learn more about our local areas and the trails they offer, and take part in some easy trail rides to cut my teeth and build some confidence.

Cheers all!
@DharmaBum feel free to message me if you want to hit a trail for a day run. I like that you want to see what the softroader will do. I expect it is more capable than most think.

If not, I have a winch.