Overland Trip Planning: Know Before You Go

• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Saw this first a few days ago on Instagram and Facebook, and I got the PDF this morning, and printed out 15 copies.
Going to put it in a binder I keep in my rig that has a few pics of my roof top tent when opened up.
I keep that as sometimes people will ask me how many skis I can back in my ski case, and I have to explain to them it is not a ski case, but a roof top tent :smile:

Thanks for putting up the file!

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

@Corrie -- GREAT article and I really LOVE checklists and such. The other checklist you guys did was great too and I would suggest printing them, taking them to Kinko's or such and laminating them. I have several checklists laminated and keep a set of dry erase pens that I can write on the laminate and reuse the checklists over and over. There may be a time - more important or longer trip - that you can print a set and use them but laminating a set has been a great help to me!!

Wheel safe & happy!!

Edit: Leave a place or make a note of CB channel or Ham Freq if traveling in a group or going to a function with a base camp -- important to note and have handy or at least check before you go.

Reactions: Corrie

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Most excellent. Thank you. We have already started initial chatting and planning for our 2018 trek north to Inuvik (and hopefully to Tuk if the road is finished) and this will certainly help with out long range planning.

Reactions: Corrie

Lea

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

PNW
Member #

The download link for the trip planner won't work for me, it leads me to a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" window.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Great forms!!! Lol, I have to say that I really need these...I do. But, unfortunately, I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" type of guy. I am so... spontaneous. I have been so ill prepared for so many adventures that they actually qualify as "misadventures". But, I have to say...I have some of the best stories!!!

Reactions: ASNOBODY