Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
We just had Maggie join the family 3 weeks ago. She’s a Shepherd mix rescue from around Bakersfield, Ca., and an adventure dog in training.

Looking forward to taking her out hiking and exploring in 2020.

View attachment 130299
She's a beauty and should be a great trail dog. Shepherds can do anything.

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
Got two new overland hounds in July.
They were stray German shepherd that's been living on the streets of a small town.
The smaller one, Lola wasn't doing too good. She was skinny, her fur was matted and she was tired.
View attachment 115809View attachment 115811
She was hiding in the back of her crate for about 3 days before she felt she could trust us.

It was most likely her bigger sister, Maeve that kept her alive. Begging for food behind a restaurant (this is where they were finally caught)

View attachment 115812

Noone were looking for them and they were not chipped.

We thought Lola would be a very laid back couch potato, but boy were we wrong. She was just so tired it took her weeks to start recovering.
She's still smaller and lean, but she runs laps around our other dogs.
Maeve must have gained 20-30 lbs, mostly just muscle.
Neither seemed to know a single command, we tried English, German and Spanish.
They know all the basics now. Can be walked unleashed and fetching their frisbees are their favorite game.
View attachment 115813View attachment 115814View attachment 115815View attachment 115816View attachment 115817View attachment 115818View attachment 115819

As a bonus, I lost about 25 lbs so far, just from trying to keep up with these dogs.View attachment 115822
Beautiful dogs. My GSD rescue looks just like Maeve. He's a bundle of energy as well even though he's now 9 years old. How do you deal with four big dogs in your house? Thank you for rescuing those dogs. You've done a good thing and they'll turn into great trail dogs.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’ve posted my overland hound before. A Bernese Mountain dog. We have another, my daughte’s shih tzu, that I sometimes call the overland wheel chock.

Racked out in thecopcar, and a bad selfie with me six months ago. The hound has filled out another 30 pounds since.B6FDF94E-BF61-4940-B557-854529AB697C.jpegCF7A4A11-CDAC-4112-80C0-AA496D4E56CA.jpeg

alanyd

Rank II

Contributor III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Yim
Member #

My travel partner, Molly.

She’s definitely a camping pup. Loves to go out and always looks to jump into her crate in the back of the rig (even just to go run around town doing errands). She’s a rescue we adopted 4 years ago. Not too sure on the age (guessing she’s around 8 now) or breed but guessing she’s a Border Collie mix (maybe English Setter).

Photo taken last year when we were out on the beach in Tofino, Vancouver Island.

Attachments

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Guardian of the iconic pub in the Victorian High Country, Australia
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All dogs are great,....................But CATTLE DOGS RULE Blue/Red Healers).......Smartest dog I ever had! He could pickup a new trick sometimes with 1 or 2 times being shown. A rescue pup, he was very sociable. I miss him greatly.1595825116266.jpeg

Last edited:

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

We tried to teach Jon Snow to swim last time we went out. He wasn’t into it. But he does OK for being a 5 pound dog! We have a flashing collar for evenings and, in general, he’s not very high maintenance off-road. But all bets are off if he catches scent of a squirrel...

Attachments

Reactions: WilhelmB and 9Mike2