Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
My old girl in the front. This was her last ride in the cruiser before she had to be put to sleep last week. She was 14 and had been fighting cancer since December and while chemo worked really well for a few months it finally caught up to her. Run free sweet girl.1CDF8B15-B617-48E7-A8B7-9AF88E50C170.jpeg97076B41-5887-4342-BF06-5E7263052A48.jpeg
Back in her younger days, 10 years ago.
B4E6B2BA-2C2A-4F44-BC00-9AEA9E793559.jpeg741965AF-0129-41B6-9BF8-93847FDBCDDA.jpeg

The Captain

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chelsea VIC, Australia
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Watts
Member #

My old girl in the front. This was her last ride in the cruiser before she had to be put to sleep last week. She was 14 and had been fighting cancer since December and while chemo worked really well for a few months it finally caught up to her. Run free sweet girl.View attachment 158571View attachment 158572
Back in her younger days, 10 years ago.
View attachment 158573View attachment 158574
So sad, hardest thing I ever did was send my old mate over the rainbow, told her if she ran quickly she could probably catch up to Grandma.
Looks like she had a good life though, all the best.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

This thread is sending me on a roller coaster of emotions. Thinking about our old pals and making me want to find new ones! Can’t imagine what life would be like without them. We are blessed to have such amazing companions. Warms my heart.

Here’s my best pal Kane who we just said our last goodbye to in December. I really miss him.
A6CF4B16-89A5-4ABB-B4A9-D563C7527F0C.jpeg9D51BF79-7CF3-4FF2-B9AE-8BBAC54E17DD.jpeg
Thank you for this thread OP. And thanks to all that posted for the uplifting pics and stories! We need more of that these days!

The Captain

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chelsea VIC, Australia
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Watts
Member #

G
This thread is sending me on a roller coaster of emotions. Thinking about our old pals and making me want to find new ones! Can’t imagine what life would be like without them. We are blessed to have such amazing companions. Warms my heart.

Here’s my best pal Kane who we just said our last goodbye to in December. I really miss him.
View attachment 158581View attachment 158582
Thank you for this thread OP. And thanks to all that posted for the uplifting pics and stories! We need more of that these days!
Got me a bit chocked up, this was my old girl Daisy. At almost 15 she put up with so much from the little one.

Attachments

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
So sad, hardest thing I ever did was send my old mate over the rainbow, told her if she ran quickly she could probably catch up to Grandma.
Looks like she had a good life though, all the best.
Thanks man. Yeah it’s definitely a difficult decision. I gave her the best last day...trip to the pet store...a long nap...a wagon ride around the block, and finally a soak in the sun in the back years where I had the vet come to help her on her way with my other one present.
Anyway, she did life a good life and I worked hard to make sure of that.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

View attachment 158581View attachment 158582
We had to help our Roxie to the bridge 3.1.20... So hard. I miss her deeply and none will ever come close.
C7FF67AD-0E1E-4498-83C4-347AAAC67393_1_201_a.jpeg

But this new little sausage is gonna give it a go. She hasn't arrived yet, we pick her up 6.22, and she's not named yet, but we think it might be Zoe. Or Hazel.
AA7A5F79-2A02-4F7E-9E6D-F715053E4B24.jpeg
Both are English Shepherds.

Waaaay smarter than me.

The Captain

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chelsea VIC, Australia
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Watts
Member #

View attachment 158717
He goes with us everywhere!!!!
Australian Cattle Dog? My first dog was a Blue Heeler; loyal, intelligent, independent, fearless, destructive, mischievous, and headstrong. She came everywhere with me too, it was back in the 80's when rules around dogs were a little more relaxed. She'd come surfing with me on the weekends. I go for a surf only to return to find her (and my car) covered in mud, she liked to sit on the roof and watch for my return. I could see her from the water, every person who went into the shore she would meet at the edge to see if it was me, then back to the car. She wasn't exactly good around children as we lived near a school and the children would bang on the gate or tease her, when children of my own came along she became an outside dog but would sit underneath the baby's room window as if on guard. As the family grew up and developed she became a perfect guardian............. sorry..............maybe too much, great dogs.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Australian Cattle Dog? My first dog was a Blue Heeler; loyal, intelligent, independent, fearless, destructive, mischievous, and headstrong. She came everywhere with me too, it was back in the 80's when rules around dogs were a little more relaxed. She'd come surfing with me on the weekends. I go for a surf only to return to find her (and my car) covered in mud, she liked to sit on the roof and watch for my return. I could see her from the water, every person who went into the shore she would meet at the edge to see if it was me, then back to the car. She wasn't exactly good around children as we lived near a school and the children would bang on the gate or tease her, when children of my own came along she became an outside dog but would sit underneath the baby's room window as if on guard. As the family grew up and developed she became a perfect guardian............. sorry..............maybe too much, great dogs.
They are great dogs!!! Ours is a little timid because he was a rescue dog. Beaten when he was a puppy!! Can’t believe people would do that !!!!

Reactions: Desert Runner

Gone_xtrkn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

3FF15E3E-3C0F-4FDE-90AF-5E62B38897BF.jpeg

Both rescues from the same shelter. The Cairn is around 8 years old and the Jack Russell is pushing 11. They’re both great little adventurers and their size makes it easier to pick them up and carry them if they get tired on longer hikes. The JRT sometimes gets overwhelmed by new experiences and needs to take a nap in the car to recharge.