Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
If it makes you feel better, I grew up in NH, went to college in Philly and worked in Boston until I moved down here 7 years ago. Will be back in MA this summer.
Haha. Sure thing.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is great, my order will be placed as soon as available; West with #3062. Then yes I might just add patches as I visit regoins and meet-up with local members.
Can not wait to hear of the West Facebook page for local info.
That's the intent!

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
This is great, my order will be placed as soon as available; West with #3062. Then yes I might just add patches as I visit regoins and meet-up with local members.
Can not wait to hear of the West Facebook page for local info.
That is a great idea! I like the idea of having a souvenir for visiting different regions of the United States and eventually overseas too. We have a few similar systems in Geocaching. I look forward to collecting them all as I overland further and further from home. I might even hand out my "west" regional sticker to fellow overland Bound members I might encounter while out adventuring or at scheduled meetups in other regions.

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

Love this
Hey all!

There is a strong need for us to expand our region presence for those who would like to connect locally! We've been working hard on this! We are designating regional Ambassadors who will be the primary point of contact for the area. We haven't recruited for Ambassadors, these are individuals who have emerged naturally, and are heavily engaged with the Overland Bound community. The Ambassador position will shift to others as life happens, and is not a permanent post. In keeping with our core principles, it is very much a position of service to the community.

After much Deliberation, here are our final regions in the U.S. We will also be designating regions globally as we go forward.

View attachment 19930

The regions are based on the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Department of the Interior. @Steve has taken on the role of global Ambassador

Our good friend, and I think, like the 3rd member of these forums @Steve is taking on the role of overall Ambassador to field questions and offer any neccessary guidance to all regions. Regions are:
  1. NorthWest - Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho
  2. West - Nevada, California, Hawaii - @Michael
  3. Rocky Mountain - Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Kansas
  4. SouthWest - Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma
  5. MidWest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa
  6. SouthEast - Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Puerto Rico - @Dananc
  7. East - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West virginia. Virginia, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Delaware - @Chris Jones
Each region will have a logo (see above) and patch, and will likely have a Facebook group. We have been in touch with facebook groups that already exist to see if they would like to be the "Official" Overland Bound facebook group for the region, and we will be communicating more about that soon!

We'll be adjusting the region section of the forums - Of course you do not have to move or stop participating if your lines are redrawn.

The patches will be available soon, and can have your number added for those that want to represent their region, or show which regions they've been too!

As always, glad to have your questions!

M
Love this idea!

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

This sounds like a great idea.. I can't wait to see what yah got planned for Canada, Ontario specifically since it is such a large and different province.

Looking for no cell service but sending this from my smarter then it should be Samsung smart phone. ;)