That is a great idea! I like the idea of having a souvenir for visiting different regions of the United States and eventually overseas too. We have a few similar systems in Geocaching. I look forward to collecting them all as I overland further and further from home. I might even hand out my "west" regional sticker to fellow overland Bound members I might encounter while out adventuring or at scheduled meetups in other regions.This is great, my order will be placed as soon as available; West with #3062. Then yes I might just add patches as I visit regoins and meet-up with local members.
Can not wait to hear of the West Facebook page for local info.
Love this idea!Hey all!
There is a strong need for us to expand our region presence for those who would like to connect locally! We've been working hard on this! We are designating regional Ambassadors who will be the primary point of contact for the area. We haven't recruited for Ambassadors, these are individuals who have emerged naturally, and are heavily engaged with the Overland Bound community. The Ambassador position will shift to others as life happens, and is not a permanent post. In keeping with our core principles, it is very much a position of service to the community.
After much Deliberation, here are our final regions in the U.S. We will also be designating regions globally as we go forward.
View attachment 19930
The regions are based on the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Department of the Interior. @Steve has taken on the role of global Ambassador
Our good friend, and I think, like the 3rd member of these forums @Steve is taking on the role of overall Ambassador to field questions and offer any neccessary guidance to all regions. Regions are:
Each region will have a logo (see above) and patch, and will likely have a Facebook group. We have been in touch with facebook groups that already exist to see if they would like to be the "Official" Overland Bound facebook group for the region, and we will be communicating more about that soon!
- NorthWest - Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho
- West - Nevada, California, Hawaii - @Michael
- Rocky Mountain - Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Kansas
- SouthWest - Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma
- MidWest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa
- SouthEast - Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Puerto Rico - @Dananc
- East - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West virginia. Virginia, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Delaware - @Chris Jones
We'll be adjusting the region section of the forums - Of course you do not have to move or stop participating if your lines are redrawn.
The patches will be available soon, and can have your number added for those that want to represent their region, or show which regions they've been too!
As always, glad to have your questions!