Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Your correct the first post needs edited.

There are reps for Canada: CANADA

I sent a msg about the needed edit.

Jim

Last edited:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Something about handing out finger sandwiches at dinner parties. Possibly wearing frills and tights?

-jim lee
Thanks for the explanation. For a moment I thought it was a position of title only. Where did I get the idea that someone in that position might want to try to promote Overland Bound with the idea of increasing membership numbers. Perhaps that person might want to speak to other members in his or her region wrt any ideas they might have for gatherings or even the occasional "clean up" day where the environment is looked after.

I'm glad I'm not an Ambassador as I clearly have too many ideas and already do "clean ups". I must learn to suppress my ideas.

Perhaps we should supply some Ferrero Rocher for dispersal by the Ambassador. (Forgive my regional joke)

Reactions: Aussie571

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Thanks for the explanation. For a moment I thought it was a position of title only. Where did I get the idea that someone in that position might want to try to promote Overland Bound with the idea of increasing membership numbers. Perhaps that person might want to speak to other members in his or her region wrt any ideas they might have for gatherings or even the occasional "clean up" day where the environment is looked after.

I'm glad I'm not an Ambassador as I clearly have too many ideas and already do "clean ups". I must learn to suppress my ideas.

Perhaps we should supply some Ferrero Rocher for dispersal by the Ambassador. (Forgive my regional joke)
Lol lol. Wouldnt need a big box :flushed:

ryanjohnsonhunt

New Zealand Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

@Michael I am a new member (my emblem is being shipped as we speak) but long time overlander in my modified Jeep JKU. Me and my brother (who also has a 4x4) have a great expedition over new years planned to a totally off the grid spot we have heard about. Will be happy to do a trip report.

Would be very keen on being an ambassador for New Zealand, Upper North Island region at some point once I build up my status on the forum.

Cheers,

Ryan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
@Michael I am a new member (my emblem is being shipped as we speak) but long time overlander in my modified Jeep JKU. Me and my brother (who also has a 4x4) have a great expedition over new years planned to a totally off the grid spot we have heard about. Will be happy to do a trip report.

Would be very keen on being an ambassador for New Zealand, Upper North Island region at some point once I build up my status on the forum.

Cheers,

Ryan
Ryan could you message me regarding the NZ ambassador question. @Kent R
Thank you

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Anything on the docket for the Southeast Region....specifically Ga or Fl ? Pretty quiet unless your out west.
Absolutely there is stuff going on in the SE, you can use the search function of the forum and for some current info check out the SE Face Book page. Your Regional Ambassador can help also. @AdventureWithDanan

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Joel Conrad Pedro

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
MR DJ
Hey all!

There is a strong need for us to expand our region presence for those who would like to connect locally! Regional Directors will be the primary point of contact for the area. Directors meet with OLB HQ every other week, and are our primary point of contact for regional needs. They also have a very direct line of communication with us, and are kept current with Overland Bound operations. Regional Directors are managed by @Kent R who is our Executive Regional Director (all regions) and works to maintain region healthy, and establish new regions worldwide. Directors will assign Regional Representatives who will help them to support the community. In keeping with our core principles, it is very much a position of service to the Overland Bound community.

Regions are added as needs arise, and as interest grows in an area. A single Regional Director may start a region. Region hierarchy is as follows: Continent, Region. The region name gets all the press, not the continent. For example, the "West" region is actually "North America, West" and "West Europe" is actually "Europe, West Europe".

View attachment 19930

US regions are based on the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Department of the Interior.

@Kent R is Overland Bound's Executive Regional Director, and works with all Region Directors and Reps to provide local support around the world. Its a huge task. Our currently defined regions all have members, and different levels of maturity and engagement. Active Regions have designated patches and logos, and we will produce new logos for regions with active participation. Regions and Directors are:
  1. Executive Regional Director (all regions): @Kent R
  2. US Northwest - Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho - OPEN
  3. US West - Nevada, California, Hawaii - @Kent R
  4. US Rocky Mountain - Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Kansas - @Russell Peters
  5. US Southwest - Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma - OPEN
  6. US Midwest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa - OPEN
  7. US Southeast - Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Puerto Rico - @AdventureWithDanan
  8. US East - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia. Virginia, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Delaware - @Chris Jones
  9. Mexico - OPEN
  10. Puerto Rico - OPEN
  11. Australia Queensland - @Luis Merlo
  12. Australia New South Wales - OPEN
  13. New Zealand - @Luis Merlo
  14. Canada Prairies - @Winterpeg
  15. Canada North - OPEN
  16. Canada West - OPEN
  17. Canada Central - OPEN
  18. Canada Atlantic - OPEN
  19. Panama - OPEN
  20. West Europe - OPEN
  21. Mid Europe - OPEN
  22. South Europe - OPEN
  23. Southeast Europe - OPEN
  24. Southwest Europe - OPEN
  25. East Europe - OPEN
  26. North Europe - OPEN
  27. Northern Africa - OPEN
  28. Western Africa - OPEN
  29. Central Africa - OPEN
  30. Eastern Africa - OPEN
  31. Southern Africa - OPEN
  32. Asia - Middle - OPEN
  33. Antarctica - OPEN
Regarding local region OLB Facebook groups: To be an "Official" Overland Bound facebook group for the region, it must be a closed (private) group, and OLB HQ must be admins. I'm mentioning this because some existing OLB region groups would like to become, "Official".

The patches will be available soon, and can have your number added for those that want to represent their region, or show which regions they've been too!

As always, glad to have your questions!

M

HI Michael

joel here, is there a regional group already in the philippines?? if not will be glad to start one up.

let me know how to get involved

thanks

Joel

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI Michael

joel here, is there a regional group already in the philippines?? if not will be glad to start one up.

let me know how to get involved

thanks

Joel
Joel, Can you send me an email address for you to Kent@overlandbound.com so we can discuss your area.
Thank you

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I see there is an opening for Southern Africa. I would be more than willing to fill the spot. I am from South Africa
message sent.