Overland Bound in Brisbane June 11th - 17th!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

I'll be in Brisbane the 11th - the 17th and we AT LEAST need to get together for a pint or cup of coffee. I'd love to d a simple "Rig Walk-around" of @Dunco or @Luis Merlo rig since they are made differently than those in the US. I'm open to anything. I could probably take off early one day (i'm in town working).

Let me know if anyone will be around!

M

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Sounds all kinds of awesome!!....I have the kids that weekend, so a coffee catch up sounds good...will pm you my mobile / cell, give me a "hoy" when you're in town and we'll make it happen....cheers @Michael

Dunco

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham Callsign
VK4FABX
Hey all,

I'll be in Brisbane the 11th - the 17th and we AT LEAST need to get together for a pint or cup of coffee. I'd love to d a simple "Rig Walk-around" of @Dunco or @Luis Merlo rig since they are made differently than those in the US. I'm open to anything. I could probably take off early one day (i'm in town working).

Let me know if anyone will be around!
Awesome timing i get back in town on the 7th and have a week off :sunglasses: so im in lets grab a coffee and talk/play rigs

Last edited:

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I arrive in Brisbane 6:50 Monday morning.
I leave 9:35PM the next Saturday

It might make the most sense to schedule a Saturday get together? That gives us the week to schedule. I would love to be able to meet at a great outdoor location close by, and shoot video of rigs and @Dunco anything else.

Also, guys, my early mornings and evenings are free. It would be great to just hang out and get to know ya.

M

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I arrive in Brisbane 6:50 Monday morning.
I leave 9:35PM the next Saturday

It might make the most sense to schedule a Saturday get together? That gives us the week to schedule. I would love to be able to meet at a great outdoor location close by, and shoot video of rigs and @Dunco anything else.

Also, guys, my early mornings and evenings are free. It would be great to just hang out and get to know ya.

M
I'm just thinking, we could possibly do an overnighter. Leave Friday, get me to the airport Saturday. Just sayin.

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
This is looking very promising...

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
If you guys are game, I'm 110% in. I have a bad habit of shooting video incessantly, and taking all kinds of pictures. I'll be self sufficient with sleeping bag and gear, but no rig unless MaxTrax comes through (which is a tall order). I'll most likely be dependent on you for transportation, but can taxi pretty much anywhere. I'll also cover our expendables, food, whisky, diesel, anything else.

M