Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Spokane valley, Washington 99206
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Godtfring
Member #

Very well said! Hopefully my adventures lead me out that way someday and I could make run with you guys! I'm here in Spokane, Washington looking for exploration, adventure, challenging my skill and to meet people to help me to make my 4runner better?

Reactions: Luis Merlo

rozyboom

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Twin Cities - Minnesota
Member #

Awesome! Great to see how/why this whole thing got started! I'm new to Jeeping but I live for life's adventures that take me around the world. I'm excited to join a group that shares this same outlook :) See ya out there!

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Thank you for sharing.
I like the founding principles.
I like the connection to nature and making things better than when we found them.
I think overlanding and off roading can be done with a conservation ethic that leads to greater care for our natural surroundings when outdoors.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Thank you Michael for all you have done to create Overland Bound. I am very excited to start my adventure. I love the outdoors and used to go camping every summer when I was a kid and I have really been missing that. It is time to get back out into nature for me.

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Michael, I am proud to consider myself a part of the OB community that you created. The ideals and principals that you and Corrie have laid out are normalizing and equalizing. It does not matter who you are or where you start, we are all worthy of the journey. And did I mention camaraderie? Even though I have been a member since '15 this is my first day involved in the forums and already I have had members in my area reaching out to me with comments like "we are not only a community, we are a family." Thank you for creating a space for all of us to join together with a spirit of exploration and inclusiveness.

nevermindThat

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome!

I reacted like a primitive animal. I needed to escape. To connect with the great outdoors. Overland Bound was born

Hi Michael,
My family and I have been binge watching any overland bound video we can find on youtube for the last month and a half. Last December we suffered a huge loss, and the only thing I could think of doing was loading up my two year old son and my wife and disappearing somewhere in seclusion away from society. I did not understand why, and I was too depressed to question the instinct. As time went on, I wondered if other people deal with loss in the same way and today when I read your story... the similarity in the need to return to nature was nothing short of amazing. We have been prepping for what will hopefully be first of many overlanding trips as a family and I look forward to becoming a part of this wonderful community you have built.

Sincerely,
Surya

Side note: Any Missouri members, looking to organize ? I'm in St.Louis, MO

Ground-Up

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland Oregon
Member #

Michael, What an amazing story - it really hit home ...... a reminder to listen & follow that inner being that we so often ignore. Need to devote more time towards the enjoyment and exporation of the out of doors - "Ground-Up" a metaphor for the beginning of that change - Thanks for assisting me on this new adventure! Ground-Up

smokybob

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lombardia, Monza e Brianza, Italy
First Name
Mauro
Last Name
Solcia
Member #

As I've read this post I've recalled the first time I've listened to the podcast and how it resonated with my situation at the moment (on a smaller scale),I was burn out by my software development job and felt the need to reconnect with what I always loved but forgot to do in the last "adult" years.

I was raised surrounded by farms in a small town, I was always in the forests and fields with my friends, I was back packing in the mountains, I needed that again and I need more to get on par with the lost time.

I love all the content you guys put out on Youtube, learn a lot and got inspired by it to start going out, be open with the others, learn from them and share what I have and what I know to grow together and enjoy safely the wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.