Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Not trying to be a smartass here, but what you mean with number 12? "Seek answers from the community". I get all the other value's, also had no problem with the original ones in the starting post. But don't really know how to take that one.. To me (maybe because English isn’t my first language) it comes across like you only can find information in the community not outside it. And I know you don’t intent it to sound like that.. that’s why I ask..
#12 is as you just did, ask the community. For answers/question to motivate discussion/clarity and hopefully out of the box thinking. The Forum/Community is designed to evolve with it's members through experiences. The entire OVERLAND BOUND
community brings something to the party. Please enjoy the forum threads and welcome to it!!!!!

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Not trying to be a smartass here, but what you mean with number 12? "Seek answers from the community". I get all the other value's, also had no problem with the original ones in the starting post. But don't really know how to take that one.. To me (maybe because English isn’t my first language) it comes across like you only can find information in the community not outside it. And I know you don’t intent it to sound like that.. that’s why I ask..
This value reminds me that I don't have to know it all. And I don't have to pretend to know it all. I can ask any question to the Overland Bound community, and engage in conversation to find answers. This does NOT mean you should only ask the OB community. We have it here because we want you guys to interact and ask questions of each other. It makes our community richer!

Does that help make sense?

Great to have you on here!

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
...I'm just shocked and like the fact the word "principles" was used with an off-road/outdoor forum and community. You don't see that much on any of the "other forums," as it is more a free for all and can be quite unwelcoming to some. If the moderator and @Michael (who puts the "pal" in Principal) can keep forum principles here, they will be miles ahead of other forums and communities. I like a forum that isn't afraid to share, ask questions, inspire, offer fellowship and conversation and most importantly follow the principles set here. Feeling the vibe on the OB group and it so far appears a healthy one.

I think that was tooo many "air quotes" for one day....
Thanks for having me. M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Right, not meant that way at all. That is not meant to be implied. It's more about sharing information with each other.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
...I'm just shocked and like the fact the word "principles" was used with an off-road/outdoor forum and community. You don't see that much on any of the "other forums," as it is more a free for all and can be quite unwelcoming to some. If the moderator and @Michael (who puts the "pal" in Principal) can keep forum principles here, they will be miles ahead of other forums and communities. I like a forum that isn't afraid to share, ask questions, inspire, offer fellowship and conversation and most importantly follow the principles set here. Feeling the vibe on the OB group and it so far appears a healthy one.

I think that was tooo many "air quotes" for one day....
Thanks for having me. M
Awesome! Glad you are here!

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I read that more as find ideas and knowledge from others. I find I sit and absorb more than I ask questions. Walking around someone's rig as you chit chat and you se a bracket or an item you never thought of that you can add to your rig.

Lane Boatright

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

B
First Name
Lane
Last Name
Boat
Member #

Love it! I live in a small town too! My class was 14 believe it or not! The way I got into overlanding was getting to the good fishing spots that no one else wants to put the trouble to get to haha many of those trips I stuck my ramcharger up to the axles in gravel! All worth it in my opinion

Rover_Anthony

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fontana, California, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Karaboghosian
Member #

Wow Michael,

What a story. For every ACTION there is a REACTION, and you definitely REACTED! So glad i'm part of this OB community. Even though I have followed you on youtube, ordered stickers and the iconic BADGE #0116, I have just begun to get into the forums and this great website you have created. I guess i'm just a late bloomer.

Hope you see you out on the trails one day and better yet attend the next OB RALLY!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Lane Boatright @Rover_Anthony

Thank you guys so much, and thank you for joining the crew! I also noticed that your account was not upgraded to "Member" so I took care of that! You both now have access to the Member Map, Member Forums, and Member Calendar of events!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow Michael,

What a story. For every ACTION there is a REACTION, and you definitely REACTED! So glad i'm part of this OB community. Even though I have followed you on youtube, ordered stickers and the iconic BADGE #0116, I have just begun to get into the forums and this great website you have created. I guess i'm just a late bloomer.

Hope you see you out on the trails one day and better yet attend the next OB RALLY!!
AND you are a FOUNDER? Awesome! Thank you so much for your support! I added the Founder Badge to your profile!

M

Reactions: Luis Merlo
Status
Not open for further replies.