Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
Hi Ontario folks. Seems like things are slowly getting back to normal, Now I understand we can have 10 social distance in a group.
Question: anyone up for a meet and greet? maybe even a day trip somewhere?

Reactions: GWNOverland

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Hi Ontario folks. Seems like things are slowly getting back to normal, Now I understand we can have 10 social distance in a group.
Question: anyone up for a meet and greet? maybe even a day trip somewhere?
Meet and greet sounds good. Trip to anywhere is welcome. I’m tired of staying put.

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Sounds good to me. I am gonna be camping all over Quebec until June 25 ish and then I will be glad to meet up with you guys.

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

Where abouts was this. My daughter is in a Owen Sound and I go to Meaford area. Been down lots of different roads but not like in the film. Or should I say vide.
They're all over the place out there. If you download GaiaGPS (there is a free 3 month trial found on this forum somewhere) and add "Canada backroad mapbook" you can see all the small roads and trails. Or just buy a paper book copy of it from Amazon. I found these spots by looking at the map and marking them on the GPS. Just keep in mind that you should mark several spots down because there is a 50/50 chance that there will be no way to access a certain road or trail.

The areas this was filmed in was mostly south west of Blue Mountains

Some of the roads that say "no exit" do indeed have an exit, or other roads that say "no winter maintenance". They are just not meant for normal cars to pass through, but they are in most cases public roads.

Small roads that don't show up on a map and have no signs are likely private so best to keep off those.

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

They're all over the place out there. If you download GaiaGPS (there is a free 3 month trial found on this forum somewhere) and add "Canada backroad mapbook" you can see all the small roads and trails. Or just buy a paper book copy of it from Amazon. I found these spots by looking at the map and marking them on the GPS. Just keep in mind that you should mark several spots down because there is a 50/50 chance that there will be no way to access a certain road or trail.

The areas this was filmed in was mostly south west of Blue Mountains

Some of the roads that say "no exit" do indeed have an exit, or other roads that say "no winter maintenance". They are just not meant for normal cars to pass through, but they are in most cases public roads.

Small roads that don't show up on a map and have no signs are likely private so best to keep off those.
Thanks. I bought the backroads books a few weeks ago. I’m in the general area every couple of months.

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Of all the BRMB Ontario books (there are 4 I think?) Any that are worth getting first? I assume Northeastern Ont. has the most trails to look at?

Great vid by the way @F8OO
I bought all four as a package. The trails mentioned in the books specifies ATV trails, not much mention of trails for vehicles. Though I’ve not gone to them yet to check. I’m going to check one near Bancroft I’ve been looking for i remember going to thirty years ago. Google earth actually showed it.

Reactions: Baipin

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

Gaia GPS 3 month free trail here
Our Navigation App of Choice - Gaia GPS - 4X Overland Adventures

Download and enable Canada backroad mapbook. It gives you ALL of canada. It's incredible. The actual book map is fine but sourcing possible trails on a desktop computer is important I think because you can cross reference with google maps and sometimes google street video (at the start of trail heads)

Works on desktop, iphone / android and ipad / and apple carplay.

now that i've had the full trail version of Gaia for the past month, i'm definitely going to subscribe to it after the trial runs out.

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

It would be a wonderful start to get out and explore. Where abouts do you think the day trip is gonna be?

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Wondering if anyone knows of a good campsite / trails around Kingston Ont. area? Looking to head our next weekend.
There's not a whole lot of crown land in that area. There used to be a spot just off of mountain road outside of Tamworth I would go to. Or over to fifth depot lake if I wanted to do some fishing. Ticks have been really bad the last few years and every time I have gone I've pulled 1 or 2 off of me so be on the lookout for those when camping around there

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

I am up for a meet, and I am in and around GTA and can drop by any day and come with my rig. We can even meet in any of the parks in Toronto area, that would be a good intro.

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Wondering if anyone knows of a good campsite / trails around Kingston Ont. area? Looking to head our next weekend.
There's not a whole lot of crown land in that area. There used to be a spot just off of mountain road outside of Tamworth I would go to. Or over to fifth depot lake if I wanted to do some fishing. Ticks have been really bad the last few years and every time I have gone I've pulled 1 or 2 off of me so be on the lookout for those when camping around there

There is not much of trails in that part other than maybe close to ottawa. Try GAIA GPS maps for trails and FS Roads. Your best bet is the country side deep into Frantenac and even going further up north.

Reactions: WanderingWinters

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

Hey guys, I found some more trails in the Bruce Peninsula area, some near Owen Sound. It's quite fun going out and taking some time to explore and film. All trails and locations found on Gaia.

Cheers!

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Hey guys, I found some more trails in the Bruce Peninsula area, some near Owen Sound. It's quite fun going out and taking some time to explore and film. All trails and locations found on Gaia.

Cheers!

This is awesome, I am going to check it out, are there any camping areas too or just a trail?