Ontario Member Thread: Post your locations

• HTML tutorial

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Thank you for the welcome.
Well I want to meet others but since I work afternoons i miss out. Any mornings except Sunday and I'll be there.
Any my hats off to you and others for driving 2 hrs for a meet.
My idea of a meet is a muddy road or trail, make a fire, have a beer and some burgers and a little rock and roll.
What could be better.....
The only trails in this part of Ontario that I can think of off hand, around here, are closed in the winter and used as snowmobile routes. If you know of anything, definitely share. I agree... muddy roads are much better than paved parking lots :)

Reactions: F8OO

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
The only trails in this part of Ontario that I can think of off hand, around here, are closed in the winter and used as snowmobile routes. If you know of anything, definitely share. I agree... muddy roads are much better than paved parking lots :)
could head to Ray's Place in Minden ( used to be the Southwind motel and campground until they changed the name), but the trails there are short and may be a little difficult for the average rig. I have seen 4 runners on the loop with a decent amount of winching. Are there is camping there too. any meets happening in the new year?

Reactions: Baipin

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I heard about Ray's place, but trails there are not meant for an average rig, more for a full blow off-road beast, from what I've read. Here's a list of things you need for some winter wheelin':

It used to be more passable with standard rigs but has seen a lot of traffic and some of the trails have gotten really rutted out. I remember taking a 4 runner through with our group 2 years ago, and have seen Tacoma's in there recently but they are being pushed to the limit of their capabilities. I would say if anyone in a stock or mild built rig wanted to try it they could, but it would take some effort and I would recommend bringing someone who knows the trail and can help recover the vehicle if a spot is reached that just isn't working.

Reactions: F8OO

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Hello Ontarians. New member here from Etobicoke. Used to have 2018 Taco just pick up 2020. Hope to see and meet everyone. Any upcoming meet?

Hey Tacotoya, welcome! Fellow Etobicoke member here. I think we will try organizing something in March, when it warms up just a little =)

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Welcome @Tacotoya !

Speaking of meets... I noticed in the OverlandNTH Facebook group that a few members were thinking of a run up to Attiwapiskat - Wetum Ice Road and such?

Would anyone here be interested? I know I would be, as long as I could make it work with school. Last I checked, the plan was late February/early March.

Reactions: Tacotoya

woodsy_84t

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Petawawa Ontario Canada
First Name
Terrence
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey Tacotoya, welcome! Fellow Etobicoke member here. I think we will try organizing something in March, when it warms up just a little =)
Warm up a bit? you don't want to huddle in a van again in the parking lot. It was cold but great meeting up with you guys

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

This is the thread I was looking for! New member from Washago. Will be watching this space for any Meetups, runs etc. Looking forward to meeting some folks!

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

If anyone was up for a trail run after a rigs and coffee in Eastern Ontario... the Ottawa Valley route is a favourite of mine, and not far from some good routes in Western Quebec!