Not open for further replies.

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

I'm up for it
Just and idea, let me know if you have any spots I could make it.

We could do this route which is probably pretty easy but scopes out some potential camping spots, and then the route in the image, which is probably harder. I don't know where we could come out, but I'm sure there's a way. Or we could could do the same trip as last time but travel on the trail on the other side that slices through the canyons.

https://goo.gl/maps/V1oBu6XirFS2

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Anyone wanna go somewhere close by on Sunday for 3-4 hours of light offroading?
Working this weekend, but glad you posted anyway. On another point, any idea of when there will be another 'meet & greet' for area OB members.....coffee,....or lunch.

Have great time:smilecat:

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Working this weekend, but glad you posted anyway. On another point, any idea of when there will be another 'meet & greet' for area OB members.....coffee,....or lunch.

Have great time:smilecat:
I'd be down, just let me know when and we'll ask others and get Vegas overlanders active haha

---

As for Sunday, this is also a possibility but I'd probably need rescue and/or spotting a few times and it would probably take 5 hours I'm guessing: https://goo.gl/maps/7DKdqBNxwDo

Another possibility is the one I emailed you a couple of days ago.

I'm flexible, I have a friend in town and want to share the Vegas scenery with him since he's only ever seen the strip

Gato Moose

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I'd be down, just let me know when and we'll ask others and get Vegas overlanders active haha

---

As for Sunday, this is also a possibility but I'd probably need rescue and/or spotting a few times and it would probably take 5 hours I'm guessing: https://goo.gl/maps/7DKdqBNxwDo

Another possibility is the one I emailed you a couple of days ago.

I'm flexible, I have a friend in town and want to share the Vegas scenery with him since he's only ever seen the strip
That one that ends at Jean is pretty good, not many points that are too difficult.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
If you sent me an e-mail, i never got it. The google track is pretty easy the last time i did it a few years back. Will have to see if my spam filter is hijacking it, in the future.

https://goo.gl/maps/7DKdqBNxwDo

Just outside Goodsprings is a old 2 story concrete building, and left over mining foundations. You also will see wild horses South of State route-160 and Goodsprings. I think there are at least 2 separate herds. My MSG. to the BLM....leave them alone. There are also a small herd East of the proposed track between there and I-15 to the East.

The building is on the road West, just up from where the volunteer fire station building is, going on the OLD route (53) over the mountain to the Sandy Valley side. You might even see some burros on the West side of the pass.

Last edited:

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

If you sent me an e-mail, i never got it. The google track is pretty easy the last time i did it a few years back. Will have to see if my spam filter is hijacking it, in the future. https://goo.gl/maps/7DKdqBNxwDo Just outside Goodsprings is a old 2 story concrete building, and left over mining foundations. You also will see wild horses South of State route-160 and Goodsprings. I think there are at least 2 separate herds. My MSG. to the BLM....leave them alone. There are also a small herd East of the proposed track between there and I-15 to the East.
I sent it to Gato Goose, but here was the route: https://goo.gl/maps/hMsD6126Y3B2

Thanks for the info, it would be pretty cool to see some wild horses.

That one that ends at Jean is pretty good, not many points that are too difficult.
Let's do it. The lift + tires will come soon and I can do more challenging stuff, I still think there will be spots on this trail where I might high center but I'll try to keep my speed up this time! lol... I drove about a mile down the trail and asked some guy if I'd make it and he said "you're a little low to the ground" but I think I'll manage. What's the latest you could start? My friend isn't much of a morning person but I was thinking like 9:30? Too late?

Gato Moose

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I sent it to Gato Goose, but here was the route: https://goo.gl/maps/hMsD6126Y3B2

Thanks for the info, it would be pretty cool to see some wild horses.

Let's do it. The lift + tires will come soon and I can do more challenging stuff, I still think there will be spots on this trail where I might high center but I'll try to keep my speed up this time! lol... I drove about a mile down the trail and asked some guy if I'd make it and he said "you're a little low to the ground" but I think I'll manage. What's the latest you could start? My friend isn't much of a morning person but I was thinking like 9:30? Too late?
9 30 works for me

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Howdy!!! I am heading out on a 2 day death valley excursion with the camping spot being Saline Hot Springs on Nov 23 & 24th it will be 2 days of off roading exploring and a little hiking! Anyone is welcome to join us if you are looking to get out I'm sure this will be a fun trip !

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Well that was fun!

Howdy!!! I am heading out on a 2 day death valley excursion with the camping spot being Saline Hot Springs on Nov 23 & 24th it will be 2 days of off roading exploring and a little hiking! Anyone is welcome to join us if you are looking to get out I'm sure this will be a fun trip !
Awesome, what level of difficulty is involved?

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Well that was fun!

Awesome, what level of difficulty is involved?
Should be very minimal, the toughest trail will be Lippincott and that looks pretty easy and its all downhill! Mostly washboards, check out some of the lippincott pass videos on youtube!

LVBlueJKU

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Klimp
Member #

Hey guys! New member here. Glad to see so many Overlanders here in the LV area. That being said, I was thinking about doing Mormon Well Rd and camping at the desert pass campground in the middle of this trail this upcoming Monday-Wednesday. Leave early Monday and come back to town Wednesday morning. Like a lot of us that live in this town, most of us work weekends like myself. So if anyone is in the same boat as me or you just happen to not have anything going those days, you're more than welcome to join. Thanks all!

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Hey guys! New member here. Glad to see so many Overlanders here in the LV area. That being said, I was thinking about doing Mormon Well Rd and camping at the desert pass campground in the middle of this trail this upcoming Monday-Wednesday. Leave early Monday and come back to town Wednesday morning. Like a lot of us that live in this town, most of us work weekends like myself. So if anyone is in the same boat as me or you just happen to not have anything going those days, you're more than welcome to join. Thanks all!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

I cant do the run but love that trail. Lets get together when you get back and compare notes.

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Wish I could get away from work but would love to meet up sometime!

Anyone doing anything this weekend?

wander mojave

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Corrales, NM, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
McCool
Havent been on the forum for awhile. Looks like there is a lot more activity! I went to Gass peak rd today off of Mormon well rd for a quick hike. The next time I head out I'll post here. I live on the northwest side at Durango and Ann rd. There is also a nice scenic trail club in town called Nevada backroaders that hosts a monthly ride. If anyone wants some trail and backroad ideas there is a really cool website called Birdandhike that a local ecologist has put together. Super informative site with tons of backroad info of the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Runner

Ian McCarthy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McCarthy
Member #

We have a few groups (GXOR, Vegas Land Rovers, and a bunch of friends) going to Logandale on Saturday if anyone is interested in joining. We’ll be meeting at the Petro Station on Hollywood by The Speedway at 8am. Rollout is at 8:30am....

Status
Not open for further replies.