Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Summerlin, Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Thanks for putting a FB page together. My wife, kiddo (4) and I are heading down to the expo too. We are camping for two nights and hope to do a little trailer shopping for a 2020 purchase. We are pretty geek about getting down there and meeting some Vegas peeps. This is the rig we go play in. IMG_2302.JPG

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Thanks for putting a FB page together. My wife, kiddo (4) and I are heading down to the expo too. We are camping for two nights and hope to do a little trailer shopping for a 2020 purchase. We are pretty geek about getting down there and meeting some Vegas peeps. This is the rig we go play in.
Awesome! Anything planned yet? If so, please share it with the group if you'd like a few people to tag along with you. I'll be posting possible trails along the route to Flagstaff.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

soooo anyone wanna do Blue Diamond to Goodsprings this weekend? Pretty easy trail, 3 to 4 out of 10.
How long is the trip (generally speaking) and when were you thinking of going?

I don't have equipment for airing down/up yet (working on it), is that going to be necessary for the drive you have in mind?

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

How long is the trip (generally speaking) and when were you thinking of going?

I don't have equipment for airing down/up yet (working on it), is that going to be necessary for the drive you have in mind?
Very easy trail. About 1.5 hours on the trail, then you're in Goodsprings with pavement back to Vegas. Really more of a scenic drive, I think a Subaru could do it. I have a crew cab long bed RAM with no lift and I've done it before without any problems. I also have a quick tire deflator and an pretty quick air compressor to help with airing down. But even airing down isn't a requirement for this trail.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Very easy trail. About 1.5 hours on the trail, then you're in Goodsprings with pavement back to Vegas. Really more of a scenic drive, I think a Subaru could do it. I have a crew cab long bed RAM with no lift and I've done it before without any problems. I also have a quick tire deflator and an pretty quick air compressor to help with airing down. But even airing down isn't a requirement for this trail.
What time were you thinking of going? I've got some free time Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

McOverlanders

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas NV
Member #

We will be getting our tickets for the expo this week, will be camping Thursday-Sunday. Would like to meet you guys!!

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Is there a way we can have a common campsite flag, marker or something that identifies us as the Las Vegas crew? Any ideas?
In a sea of potential flags at the Expo, my suggestion would be to have the NEVADA State flag.....AND if possible to locate, a 3x5 "welcome to Las Vegas" banner flag(per the sign on Las Vegas Blvd). One of the tourist shops would probably have them. That would defiantly tie in the group, if camping/staging in one area:astonished:

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

I submitted to join this page but still haven’t been accepted [emoji53]
Hey, I'm really sorry, the group either doesn't exist or isn't under my control anymore. I ended up deciding to delete Facebook, kinda stupid timing on my part since I had created that event group. Only a few people had joined and no conversations about logistics had started so I didn't give it much thought.

McOverlanders

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas NV
Member #

Hey, I'm really sorry, the group either doesn't exist or isn't under my control anymore. I ended up deciding to delete Facebook, kinda stupid timing on my part since I had created that event group. Only a few people had joined and no conversations about logistics had started so I didn't give it much thought.
Ah ok, thanks for letting me know!

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Did someone else from here take over or are we out of luck (aka, have to create a new page/event)?

Hal Rydberg

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rydberrg
Member #

Anyone have plans for the weekend? And the Overland Expo Trip, are we making a new page or is the one there going to be the landing for us to put together a trip?

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Anyone have plans for the weekend? And the Overland Expo Trip, are we making a new page or is the one there going to be the landing for us to put together a trip?
No plans yet, but I've been itching to go on another day trip/trail ride if you have one planned.

As for the Overland Expo FB group, it was over 2 months out so I can understand why there wasn't much activity. But if nobody here is taking it over we should look at another option (new page, rally point, etc). This will be my first trip there, so I'm deferring to the experienced crowd. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.