Not open for further replies.

MrMark

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Heading to Death Valley on Friday for the
2019 Death Valley Dark Sky Festival.

If the cloud cover continues and the stars don't shine, plan B is to go for some of the sand dunes for photos. Daytime plans are open for other adventures..

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

IanWest

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Howdy folks, I just joined today! I live in Boulder City, and I'll be heading to Expo West on that Sunday and would love to meet some of y'all. I've got a Chevy Colorado with the 2.8 diesel that can't wait to hit one trails. My number is (702)-423-5876 if anyone needs to get a hold of me.

McOverlanders

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas NV
Member #

Howdy folks, I just joined today! I live in Boulder City, and I'll be heading to Expo West on that Sunday and would love to meet some of y'all. I've got a Chevy Colorado with the 2.8 diesel that can't wait to hit one trails. My number is (702)-423-5876 if anyone needs to get a hold of me.
Awesome, I'm in Henderson. We will be leaving early Thursday morning to head to the camp ground. Getting my Scout trailer ready! Hit us up for any trail runs and we'll do the same! Welcome!

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

For those going to Overland Expo West this year, I think I'm going to join up with this convoy Thursday morning. They're starting in SoCal (at 4am) and I think they could make a stop at Kingman or where 93 meets I-40.

Kimmar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Paradise, NV, USA
First Name
Kimmar
Last Name
Osborne
Hi, I'm Kimmar and this will be my 1st year,
how crowded is the camping at the Fort Tuthill County Park?

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Does anyone have a good crimper which will work on 4ga wire and battery lugs? Would love to borrow one for a day or two instead of:
a) spending a crap load of money on a good set to only use a couple times, or
b) get a cheap crimper which will mess up the lugs.

Related question, is there a good spot locally to get 4ga tin plated copper lugs? Looked at the auto part stores and they only have the non-tin plated ones. @SinCityOverland, you're a boss at electronics, maybe you have some recommendations?

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Does anyone have a good crimper which will work on 4ga wire and battery lugs? Would love to borrow one for a day or two instead of:
a) spending a crap load of money on a good set to only use a couple times, or
b) get a cheap crimper which will mess up the lugs.

Related question, is there a good spot locally to get 4ga tin plated copper lugs? Looked at the auto part stores and they only have the non-tin plated ones. @SinCityOverland, you're a boss at electronics, maybe you have some recommendations?
Do not have a pair, but your post got my curiosity. Wow, companies sure are proud of their product. I can totally see your post being a shout-out. I was totally surprised on how much these cost. Definitely not a investment for a 1 or 2 times use. I hope you get a positive response from a fellow member here in Southern Nevada. Good Luck

Reactions: SinCityOverland

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
Do not have a pair, but your post got my curiosity. Wow, companies sure are proud of their product. I can totally see your post being a shout-out. I was totally surprised on how much these cost. Definitely not a investment for a 1 or 2 times use. I hope you get a positive response from a fellow member here in Southern Nevada. Good Luck
I'll crimp them for you. I have a qaulity set I can go down to 2/0 wire. Message me on fb or ig. I tend to respond quicker that way. I'll give you my address and set a time.

Reactions: stickel

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I'll crimp them for you. I have a qaulity set I can go down to 2/0 wire. Message me on fb or ig. I tend to respond quicker that way. I'll give you my address and set a time.
Thanks, but my post is a response to another Las Vegas OB member......'stickel'... # 9020. He is the one inquiring about a pair of cable crimps. I'm sure he will appreciate the offer:grinning:

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Thought I had email notifications for this thread but apparently not. Guess I need to check the forums a little more often (is the beta of the new app out yet? ;)

Yeah, it's not a cheap area to be a hobbyist and expect quality tools.

Thanks man. Let me get all the lengths measured out and cut up. I'll hit you up on IG when I have it all sorted out.

Mike Wolford

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Wolford
Member #

Is there any other location for Vegas info? Seems like this one is fairly quiet. Looking for info on some easy trials to start taking the Jeep out on around this area. Thanks

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

Mike Wolford

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Wolford
Member #

These are great. Thanks. Will be hitting up a few of these to give the Jeep a test.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
These are great. Thanks. Will be hitting up a few of these to give the Jeep a test.
I live in Bullhead City Arizona across from Laughlin and go to a few of these guys meet ups, good bunch, they do runs, can find them on fb and Wild West Jeeps. There are meet and greets and things but summer seems to get slow as the temps rise..... If I head your way I will give a c shout and maybe we can do coffee or a run....

Jim

Reactions: Desert Runner

Mike Wolford

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Wolford
Member #

Thanks Jim. Just bought my 06 and would like to take it out on a few trips. Also looking for a trailer I can tow behind

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thought I had email notifications for this thread but apparently not. Guess I need to check the forums a little more often (is the beta of the new app out yet? ;)

Yeah, it's not a cheap area to be a hobbyist and expect quality tools.

Thanks man. Let me get all the lengths measured out and cut up. I'll hit you up on IG when I have it all sorted out.
Found these on Amazon..
IWISS Battery Cable Lug Crimping Tool from AWG 8-1/0 with Cable Cutter

$29.49

Better late than never. They get 4.5 star rating, so they might be a quality item.
1565160997733.png1565161050660.png

1565161135220.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.