Status
Not open for further replies.

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

I could do early morning to avoid traffic getting the cause I'm by the air force base
Is there a way to send private messages on here? I was going to send you my phone number to coordinate. But if you want to just throw out a time, I'll certainly be there! Morning is ok with me.

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Awww man, would love to go but I got on the bike and am in Pheonix right now.

I want to do Alamo Rd sometime before the real cold sets in. Maybe the Sunday before Thanksgiving?

Reactions: wander mojave

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Dana and I live up here in Huracaine . Just stumbled on to your thread,glad to see active OB members around. I have some really cool Overland routes mapped out up here and also want to put together a Mojave road trip & some Death Valley stuff..

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
It moves backward so we get an extra hour of sleep
I tried to meet you this Am at decater/cougar area. I figured I could squeeze a run up there to the mine area, and get back in town and fulfill my prior commitment. Sorry I missed you and hope you guys had a good time. Maybe next time.

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Awww man, would love to go ... Maybe the Sunday before Thanksgiving?
I'm down!

I have some really cool Overland routes mapped out up here
Let's go!

I tried to meet you this Am at decater/cougar area. I figured I could squeeze a run up there to the mine area, and get back in town and fulfill my prior commitment. Sorry I missed you and hope you guys had a good time. Maybe next time.
Ah dang, sorry we missed you. Next time for sure!

------------------------------

Here are a few pictures from the trip and a video I made for my YouTube channel of why I went from a Jeep KL to a Ram 5th Gen

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I'm down!

Let's go!

Here are a few pictures from the trip and a video I made for my YouTube channel of why I went from a Jeep KL to a Ram 5th Gen

When I had been up there, I never went quite as far as you guys did to your turn-around point. The point where you high sided might have not happened if you had gone about 2-3 mph faster, as it looked like it just lifted the middle of the truck right at the break-over point? Glad you had companion to give you a tug. That dirt is rock hard, and the traction aids just were not quite cutting it. I like the video, good camera work, and your narrative voice over was simple and to the point.

Blotterhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

When I had been up there, I never went quite as far as you guys did to your turn-around point. The point where you high sided might have not happened if you had gone about 2-3 mph faster, as it looked like it just lifted the middle of the truck right at the break-over point? Glad you had companion to give you a tug. That dirt is rock hard, and the traction aids just were not quite cutting it. I like the video, good camera work, and your narrative voice over was simple and to the point.
Thanks I appreciate that, I usually plan these out better and bring my GoPro cameras, but didn't plan to make a video so just winged it. And yes, I absolutely was going too slow to try to get over that hump, poor commitment on my part.

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Nice video. What's funny is I went from a long wheel base to a short this summer. I came from Texas and work downtown. The F150 was just too much hassle to maneuver in the parking area and alleys. The FJ fits the work area much better.

I do miss that extra room but it hasn't been a problem thus far.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I'm down!

Let's go!

Cool, looks like some guys are planning a Death Vally trip around T-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.