Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Jumping in here!

It's looking highly likely we'll be back at Camp Edison, and we'll expand into 2-3 group sites. There are two group sites back to back with each other, and the layout of the group site from last year is pretty much ideal for check-in, meals, big ole' fire, etc. @Michael l and I will be venturing back to Camp Edison soon to assess the best options.

Class:
The class would either be Thursday or Friday and would consist of an entire day of education and training in safety/first aid, recovery and communication on the trail. We're working on locking in world class teacher/trainers.

Logistics:
Something we will be doing this year is defining and assigning camping spots based on the rig (RTT, Tent, Back of the Rig). We'll have pre-numbered slots that we will assign as people register to alleviate some of the cramming and confusion setting up last year.

We're also playing around with rolling start times for different groups on the run up Baldy. Example: 8AM team, 9AM team, 10AM team. If we do this, we will need trail leaders for each wave, so there will be lots of opportunities for experience Overlanders to jump in and lead the way.

More soon! We're just beginning the planning phases for the event... and holy sh*t. I can't wait!!

AND...

Central, Mountain and East Coast Overland Bound Members.... Just you wait. We WILL be heading your way. It's on our map, so to speak. :tonguewink:

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Jumping in here!

Central, Mountain and East Coast Overland Bound Members.... Just you wait. We WILL be heading your way. It's on our map, so to speak. :tonguewink:
You are always welcome on the East Coast!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Mike and Corrie.........I am going to try to make it this time! I may have a slightly different living situation, but will be back on the west coast often.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Definitely interested.... possibility is slim to attend... but there's still a possibility! :sunglasses:

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

After seeing last year's photos and videos, I don't think my Patriot will make it up the mountain. What kind of hike is it or maybe the misses and I could hitch a ride with someone?

Reactions: Robby

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

After seeing last year's photos and videos, I don't think my Patriot will make it up the mountain. What kind of hike is it or maybe the misses and I could hitch a ride with someone?
Your more then welcome to roll with us