Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This would be my first group adventure so I am paying close attention to this thread.

Is there prices posted yet?
Hi @Michael1929 I see you are a member but don't have your email address in our member database, which is why your account has not been upgraded. Did you purchase your member badge with a different email? Just curious. I am going to upgrade your account right now!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Dan Tracy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Watsonville, Ca
Member #

I would love to be a part of this gathering but question my rig's ability to make the run up the mountain. I have a 4x4 Sprinter that still has street tires and I have very little experience off-road. Are there optional (easier) ways to the top?

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I would love to be a part of this gathering but question my rig's ability to make the run up the mountain. I have a 4x4 Sprinter that still has street tires and I have very little experience off-road. Are there optional (easier) ways to the top?
We had a superduty 4 door I believe short bed go over last year, but that sprinter is pretty tall, that would be my concern

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Daniel, and welcome! There's more to the rally that driving up the mountain. I have no experience driving, and don't want to damage my new vehicle 2500 miles from home. I've had more than one offer to ride up with other folks, and I'm sure that you'd be welcome to ride with someone if interested. I'm looking forward to the camaraderie and whatever goes on at camp as much as the trip up bald mountain. We're considering renting an RV for the weekend's accommodations.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

We are signed up for the trip. Is this the best thread for info?

r1_iceman

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish County
Member #

Trying to plan for OTG2. Can anyone post a pic/screenshot of a map of the general area we are going please? Need to download the correct areas on our gps units before heading down. I am unfamiliar with the Shaver Lake area. You could also DM or email the areas. Thanks in advance:)

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

We were up there last weekend. Are we taking the northern route to bald mountian or will we be coming in on the eastern route? We camped at the trail head for the eastern route. Beautiful site next to the creek.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

We were up there last weekend. Are we taking the northern route to bald mountian or will we be coming in on the eastern route? We camped at the trail head for the eastern route. Beautiful site next to the creek.
Last year I we took the eastern route off Dinkey Creek Road, just south of Edison.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Ahh, very cool. That is a tougher route. We would have taken it last weekend but we were traveling alone and there was not a lot of traffic to help out. We came in from the north.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Trying to plan for OTG2. Can anyone post a pic/screenshot of a map of the general area we are going please? Need to download the correct areas on our gps units before heading down. I am unfamiliar with the Shaver Lake area. You could also DM or email the areas. Thanks in advance:)
I'm sure it's been answered however try shaver Ca or shaver lake ca[emoji41]