Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Michael @Corrie I think my previous post came off as complaining about the cost, and if so, I apologize. The $210 for two of us with all that's planned vs the $150 for two people last year is no hardship, and sounds like a very valid expense. It was the additional $500 for what *I* thought was the only trip up Bald Mountain that I balked at. That turns out to not be the case at all, and I'm sorry I misunderstood the description. Absolutely no drama intended.

Steve

Reactions: Joel 11k and Corrie

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

We should plan on staging near the new Walmart in Suisun and head out from there.

We will start a new thread to rally the troops for OTG when it gets closer.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

So, would we be tarred and feathered if we showed up for the weekend in this? Deb would be much happier than in our two-man tent.

I guess a better question, is is there room for it in the campground? This is the 30' model that is available in Clovis (Fresno) 40 miles from the campground.

I initially was looking to rent an R-Pod or what I really wanted to try is a Cricket Trailer. But trailer rentals seem to not be available anywhere. I imagine the liability is more with all the variables of tow vehicle, brakes, etc., so I can see why.

Last edited:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

So, would we be tarred and feathered if we showed up for the weekend in this? Deb would be much happier than in our two-man tent.

I guess a better question, is is there room for it in the campground? This is the 30' model that is available in Clovis (Fresno) 40 miles from the campground.

I initially was looking to rent an R-Pod or what I really wanted to try is a Cricket Trailer. But trailer rentals seem to not be available anywhere. I imagine the liability is more with all the variables of tow vehicle, brakes, etc., so I can see why.
That is cheating lol

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Steve that's cool a party bus, It can definitely do the trail! Well maybe, what a sight that would be!!!!!
PS Mar would like it also!!!

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

If you look on Craigslist, I believe there are individuals that rent their trailers.

Reactions: Michael and Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael @Corrie I think my previous post came off as complaining about the cost, and if so, I apologize. The $210 for two of us with all that's planned vs the $150 for two people last year is no hardship, and sounds like a very valid expense. It was the additional $500 for what *I* thought was the only trip up Bald Mountain that I balked at. That turns out to not be the case at all, and I'm sorry I misunderstood the description. Absolutely no drama intended.

Steve
Oh none taken at all @Steve. We knew that. We're ironing out details and communication still for OTG. Your feedback helped us realize we need to be very clear the two (Boot Camp and OTG) are separate events.

M

Reactions: Joel 11k

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

"It doesn't matter what you drive" :tongueclosed: We just can't get that up the mountain. You might also look into "Off the Grid" teardrop trailer rentals. The name is a coincidence. If you do, tell em OB sent ya!

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Yeeeessss!! @Steve that is awesome! ^^^^Also, there's tons of us, me included, that have extra room for anyone that wants to bounce along in the back. You're more than welcome to hitch a ride up!

Reactions: Michael

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Steve
No drama perceived. Especially from you. :tearsofjoy:

I can't believe you're coming out here!! :tongueclosed:

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Sweet! Steve, do you have a route to California planned out yet?